(IR) 1st ooc-thread of the 5th IR (open)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thomas Hobbes

First Post
I give up my claim to all of the Uleks, since they are more sensical with Greater Nyrond and the Keoland-based faction. I mostly wanted them if no one else did. :) Although perhaps I have some control in the Uleks, paticularly the principality (yeah, Celene screwed 'em in the Greyhawk wars, but they helped them rebuild since. Which reminds me, I need to write a faction background... but unfortunately, Living Greyhawk lacks info on Celene, since it's not really a PC nation. Damn. To canonfire!) I think serpenteye mentioned the possibility of having small stakes in many different territories, which I think would be kind of a cool position to play from.

Could I ask that the megapost (and anything of similar size and content) be put in sblock tags? Saves some scrolling. :)

Thanks to WR for all the Greyhawk info. Very helpful.

I realize that some people may be confused about the rules. I hope that if anyone has any questions (including just "How the hell does this work?!?!") they'll ask, and I'll try to help. Knowing the rules is good. :) I also think I will try to write up a Magic the Gathering esque "turn sequence" thing, and maybe an example of play.

Forsaken One, could you clarify which countries on-map and off-map you hold, and what races you represent? I know you have a strong power. If only my drow regernerated like trolls ...
The whole Hempmonaland peninsula is claimed by me along with the Troll Fens and the Adri forest. If this doesn't count up to the maximum alotted PL (Hempmonaland is HUGE so it might boast a huge population of my trolls so who knows how far it gets me.) I will claim some Sahuagin undersea kingdoms as well to max my PL alotment.

And set my color to DARK BLUE if you wish.

Last edited:

Eluvan

First Post
Okay, seems like my revised Kevellond League has gone down okay. :) Good - I was pretty worried about embarking on such momentous meddling. I'm glad you liked the Shepherds, Edena! But I felt like I wanted to get into the game a little more than they would really have allowed me to do, being a fairly minor power. And... ummm... hopefully you like the League of Athyr too? :D *fishes for compliments*

*notices he didn't bring any bait*

Oh, on another note, was Sterich deliberately left out of my claims in your mega-post Edena? Has somebody else already claimed it? Or was it just an oversight?

Zelda Themelin

First Post
Serpentseye, I think Airwhele wants to take Spelljammers, so we go with those.

I'd need information on any special rules for them, Power level, how alignmental and racial differences work (does some parts of spelljamming forces already belong with some other factions etc).

Also, is there some additional rule-stuff for them?

Airwhale, unless you have changed your mind about teamwork.
And if if you aren't how we communicate? I use e-mail myself. You could perhaps make temporal web-mail for yourself, if don't want to risk spams to your real address.

There is also possiblity of IRC as long as we are both awake at the same time.

Serpenteye

First Post
Edena, William, Great posts. Thanks :)

Thomas Hobbes said:
I think serpenteye mentioned the possibility of having small stakes in many different territories, which I think would be kind of a cool position to play from.
I realize that some people may be confused about the rules. I hope that if anyone has any questions (including just "How the hell does this work?!?!") they'll ask, and I'll try to help. Knowing the rules is good. :) I also think I will try to write up a Magic the Gathering esque "turn sequence" thing, and maybe an example of play.

I did, it's all in Infiltration.

Thanks, that seems like a very good idea. :)

The Forsaken One said:
The whole Hempmonaland peninsula is claimed by me along with the Troll Fens and the Adri forest. If this doesn't count up to the maximum alotted PL (Hempmonaland is HUGE so it might boast a huge population of my trolls so who knows how far it gets me.) I will claim some Sahuagin undersea kingdoms as well to max my PL alotment.

And set my color to DARK BLUE if you wish.

Hepmonaland is a continent, not a peninsula, and parts of its coasts are owned by the Scarlet Brotherhood. I thought you were referring to a very different peninsula on the world-map (the one west of Nippon).

Eluvan said:
Okay, seems like my revised Kevellond League has gone down okay. :) Good - I was pretty worried about embarking on such momentous meddling. I'm glad you liked the Shepherds, Edena! But I felt like I wanted to get into the game a little more than they would really have allowed me to do, being a fairly minor power. And... ummm... hopefully you like the League of Athyr too? :D *fishes for compliments*

*notices he didn't bring any bait*

Oh, on another note, was Sterich deliberately left out of my claims in your mega-post Edena? Has somebody else already claimed it? Or was it just an oversight?

*compliments*

I don't think anyone else has claimed it. I'll check.

Serpenteye

First Post
Zelda Themelin said:
Serpentseye, I think Airwhele wants to take Spelljammers, so we go with those.

I'd need information on any special rules for them, Power level, how alignmental and racial differences work (does some parts of spelljamming forces already belong with some other factions etc).

Also, is there some additional rule-stuff for them?

There are no special rules. Your faction would mostly be considered Elite PLs and as such have complete strategic mobility. You might have a small head-start in technology to reflect the complexity of your crafts.

Alignment depends on what spelljamming race you want to play (scro, gith, elves etc.) Nobody else has claimed any spelljamming forces.

Airwhale

First Post
William Ronald,

What do you know of the various spelljamming factions in Grayspace? The planets? I've been trying to google information, but so far, no luck.

Zelda,

Right now, I'm leaning torwards the spelljammers, becuse I think having a giant space navy sounds kind of cool. But really, if you want to play something else, or if you would rather have the larger power of the Western nations, I'm all for it! or, we could play two seperate nations, like everyone else =) I mainly suggested these two becuse I felt they would add a interesting and different feel to the game, and I'm not honestly famillier with too much of Grayhawk. What is your email again? Mine is scgeerTAKETHISOFF in gmail.com.

And I will make another gmail account just for this game so I can post my email openly.

EDIT: Just caught up on posts that I seem to have missed. I am often on Afternet, as Airwhale. But e-mail works great for me.

Serpenteye,

Can we carpet bomb armys/citys/stuff with spelljamming ships? Also, how much power are
we talking about with a spelljamming faction... would they be able to realistically war? Exactly how many ships could we have access to? Would a "army" translate to a single ship? Would we have to worry about having enough ships to transport our armys to Oearth? Could we go in multiple trips if we needed to?

Last edited:

Knight Otu

First Post
The United Kingdom? God save the Queen!
You know quite well which United Kingdom I was referring to. :]

Edena, considering that my e-mail is in my sig, it would be rather strange to not give myy permission to post it, wouldn't it? ;)

Bugbear

First Post
Greetings Knight Otu, looks like we are going to be neighbors. hopefully the bad blood between the former leaders of our nations, which has led in the past to terrible feuds, will not automaticly sour your veiw of Greater Nyrond.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads