(IR) Do you want to rule the world?

Serpenteye

First Post
You can.

Do you want to save the world?
That's the challenge.

Oerth awaits her new masters, for a master you will indeed become.

Take control over a nation, a race, an empire or an alliance and lead them to greatness. Advance, trough magic, technology, diplomacy and war, to create a utopian society or elevate yourself to Godhood. Destroy your enemies or convert them to your cause until you, and only you, are the supreme ruler of the world. The Revolution is coming... and everything is about to change.

Join us.
And make us join you.

http://www.enworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=109539
http://www.enworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=110369
 

log in or register to remove this ad


Radiant

First Post
sounds very interisting. But the linked threads are just a bit too big to read through and get an overview. Will see how much I can chew down for now.
 

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
Hey there Radiant.
All you really need to do is e-mail Serpenteye. He can give you a description of the IR in a few manageable paragraphs.
And his e-mail? I'll ask him to put it here so you can contact him.

Yours Sincerely
Edena_of_Neith
 

Serpenteye

First Post
Welcome Radiant. :)

I'll try to give you a simple description of how the game works.

You play the leader of a powerful faction in a critical stage of the history of Oerth (the world of Greyhawk). As a leader you have control over both the military, industrial and scientific output of your faction, though your power is never uncontested. The sinister forces of your fellow players, and of my own NPC factions, are never far away.
The IR is a strategic role-playing game and the focus is far wider than a normal DnD game. The emphasis of the action is not on character against character combat, but on the accomplishments of your people as a whole. There are few restrictions to what you can do, but everything comes with a price.

We have managed to recruit a group of great players, and it is my personal belief that the game will kick ass. :D

My E-Mail is ecaf99@hotmail.com, but if you have any further questions you can ask them here so that others can benefit from the answers.
 

Radiant

First Post
Edena_of_Neith said:
Hey there Radiant.
All you really need to do is e-mail Serpenteye. He can give you a description of the IR in a few manageable paragraphs.
And his e-mail? I'll ask him to put it here so you can contact him.

Yours Sincerely
Edena_of_Neith

thanks :)

@Serpenteye: I've read the rules so far (not that I understood them all ;) ).
An overview on who is who, what factions are still around and some links to read up on Greyhawk would be real great.
Pkus some hints on not to get swallowed by your bigger neighbors as a newbie ;)
Remote location was among mine...

e-mail is Radiant "at" GMX "dot" tm
 

Album Cover X

First Post
this all seems very interesting... I'm trying to read thru the other threads attempting to understand the rules as I type this reply...

Are there still any openings??? If I read Edena's Megapost right... there's an Egyptian-flavored area unclaimed... I'm a sucker for all things Egyptian :)
 
Last edited:

Airwhale

First Post
Reading through all of the IR threads spells your doom. Well, not really, but it's a long read =)

Really, everything you need to know is on the first page of each thread. Also, on the 2nd page of the 1st ooc thread someone took the trouble to place the rules in a word file, though, I'm not sure if they have been updated.
 

Desdichado

Adventurer
Hey, I've got all the PbP gaming my schedule can accomodate already going, but I just have to mention: every time I see your thread title I get that Tears for Fears song stuck in my head. Thanks a lot! :]
 

Radiant

First Post
Album Cover X said:
this all seems very interesting... I'm trying to read thru the other threads attempting to understand the rules as I type this reply...

Are there still any openings??? If I read Edena's Megapost right... there's an Egyptian-flavored area unclaimed... I'm a sucker for all things Egyptian :)

yes that would be real intersting. So far it looked like there are an incredible lot of factions and regions, hard to get an overview. Ist it only possible to play an allready exisiting faction or can we create one of our own from one of the many territories that nothing is known about?
 

Anabstercorian

First Post
Is it only possible to play an already existing faction, or can we create one of our own from one of the many territories that nothing is known about?

It is indeed possible to create a new faction deep in the unknown lands of Oerth, far from the civilized lands of the Flanaess, perhaps with a civilization of your own, mighty and resilient against the paltry intrusions of foreign lands. Frankly, I would recommend it - things are getting crowded over here in the Flan.
 

Radiant

First Post
Anabstercorian said:
It is indeed possible to create a new faction deep in the unknown lands of Oerth, far from the civilized lands of the Flanaess, perhaps with a civilization of your own, mighty and resilient against the paltry intrusions of foreign lands. Frankly, I would recommend it - things are getting crowded over here in the Flan.

thanks, good to know. Leaping right into the crowd is probably not healthy.
Allready have a faction in mind but I will need a lot of input from the DM before I know if it can be made that way at all.
 

Radiant

First Post
been reading through the different factions. Are all of these still around? Seems like a real lot of players but most looked very cool. How many players does the game have so far?

edit: is there some information that will give the faction explanation in the first post ( the one with all the number and areas the factions seem to control, not even sure about that) enough sense so I don't get a headache bad enough to die from?
(ok that's not true I read through them all and I'm still here, but barely ;) )
Especially since they all included large but unspecified numbers of races, didn't know what that meant. or if these are the areas the faction controls, just lay claim on, takes vacations in, whatever.

Me's confused :(
 
Last edited:

Serpenteye

First Post
Radiant said:
thanks :)

@Serpenteye: I've read the rules so far (not that I understood them all ;) ).
An overview on who is who, what factions are still around and some links to read up on Greyhawk would be real great.
Pkus some hints on not to get swallowed by your bigger neighbors as a newbie ;)
Remote location was among mine...

e-mail is Radiant "at" GMX "dot" tm

A quick overview:

Good: William Ronald, Thomas Hobbes, Bugbear, Eluvan, Venus (?), James Heard (?), The Forsaken One (?)

Neutral: Xael, Airwhale+Zelda, Nac Mac, Venus (?), James Heard (?), The Forsaken One (?)

Evil: Anabstercorian, Melkor lord of all, Rikandur, Devilish, Paxus, Knoght Otu, Creamsteak, Edena, Guilt Puppy, The Forsaken One (?)
-
As you can see we need a few more Good and/or Neutral factions, but you're free to play Evil too if that's more to your liking.

Most of the current factions are crowded together in the Flannaes, but there's plenty of room left in the rest of the world.


Album Cover X said:
this all seems very interesting... I'm trying to read thru the other threads attempting to understand the rules as I type this reply...

Are there still any openings??? If I read Edena's Megapost right... there's an Egyptian-flavored area unclaimed... I'm a sucker for all things Egyptian :)

We're still open, :). We're not starting for a while yet (though I'm mostly ready I want to give all new and old players the time you need to prepare yourselves), so the rules should be clear to you in time.

There is indeed an Egyptian flavoured area unclaimed. Erypt (heh, that's the official name) is yours if you want it, and so are some of the surrounding areas on land and in the oceans.

Joshua Dyal said:
Hey, I've got all the PbP gaming my schedule can accomodate already going, but I just have to mention: every time I see your thread title I get that Tears for Fears song stuck in my head. Thanks a lot! :]

So... My evil plan is coming to fruition, :], excellent.

Radiant said:
yes that would be real intersting. So far it looked like there are an incredible lot of factions and regions, hard to get an overview. Ist it only possible to play an allready exisiting faction or can we create one of our own from one of the many territories that nothing is known about?

Both options are possible. Even if you pick something directly from the list you can still customize it to the flavour you want.


Radiant said:
been reading through the different factions. Are all of these still around? Seems like a real lot of players but most looked very cool. How many players does the game have so far?

edit: is there some information that will give the faction explanation in the first post ( the one with all the number and areas the factions seem to control, not even sure about that) enough sense so I don't get a headache bad enough to die from?
(ok that's not true I read through them all and I'm still here, but barely ;) )
Especially since they all included large but unspecified numbers of races, didn't know what that meant. or if these are the areas the faction controls, just lay claim on, takes vacations in, whatever.

Me's confused :(

All players who've stated their interest except Mr Draco, Demon Atheist and Gnomeworks are still around.
I'll try to give a very simplified overview of the factions:


Good:
William Ronald (mostly human), Thomas Hobbes (anarchistic elves), Bugbear (mostly human), Eluvan (mostly human), Venus (?) (human+orc), James Heard (?) (elves ruling humans), The Forsaken One (?) (unknown)

Neutral:
Xael (wizards), Airwhale+Zelda (spacefarers), Nac Mac (psions), Venus (?) (human+orc), James Heard (?) (elves ruling humans), The Forsaken One (?) (unknown)

Evil:
Anabstercorian (sneaky infiltrator), Melkor lord of all (underground undead+nasties), Rikandur (Iuz), Devilish (monsters), Paxus (evil humanoids), Knight Otu (mostly humans), Creamsteak (underground slimy nasties), Edena (drow), Guilt Puppy (racist humans), The Forsaken One (?) (unknown).

(A very, very simplified overview ;))

--
The areas mentioned under a players name are the areas ruled by his or her faction. The descriptions of the different kinds of population of the various territories are both an aid for me when I'll assign your armies and a general roleplaying aid.
 

Radiant

First Post
@Serpenteye: Thanks a lot. Makes a lot more sense now. I think I got it. Now I just have to read a bit about Greyhawk. The game looks like it could be fun but I admit that pre-play whining going in is a bit scary. Hope it will not break down into OOC complaints instead of tactical decisions. I've sent you an e-mail and will see that I write my ideas for a faction up tonight.
 

Serpenteye

First Post
To be fair it's the first real friction we've seen in quite a lot of posts, and I'm hoping I will be able to iron-out the situation. No worries. :cool:

Welcome Radiant. :)
 
Last edited:

Album Cover X

First Post
Serpenteye said:
We're still open, :). We're not starting for a while yet (though I'm mostly ready I want to give all new and old players the time you need to prepare yourselves), so the rules should be clear to you in time.

There is indeed an Egyptian flavoured area unclaimed. Erypt (heh, that's the official name) is yours if you want it, and so are some of the surrounding areas on land and in the oceans.

OK... I think I will take you up on this offer... I'm still trying to understand PL, IC, Elite and all that... but I think I'm making progress...

I'd like to put in a claim for Erypt... I know I thing or three about egyptian culture/history so I think I can do them some justice... If I read the Megapost right... They have...393 IC... Now I'm still trying to decipher the hubbub today over what's fair and balanced... and TFO's ethergaunts and all that... If I'm underpowered... I'd like to also claim the Tribes of Enllaves (72 IC) since they seem to fit flavor-wise with Erypt...

I'm also trying to better understand the game's ettiquite... so you'll have to forgive me if I ask a stupid question now and again :) So dumb question #1... What's my next step???

thanks in advance...
 

William Ronald

Explorer
Album Cover X: If there is something I can help you with, let me know.
Also, in the 3rd IR, there was a country between Erypt and the Celestial Imperium called Suhfang. This nation, which was one of mine, I decided would have some elements of ancient China and ancient Egypt -- with pyramids and a strong tradition of ancestor worship.

The Tribes of Enllavees seem like a good fit, even if they are pretty far away. Possibly the land between Erypt and the Enllaves is mostly desert. There could be cultural ties between the two countries, much like Egypt was an influence for much of North Africa or the ancient Sudan as in the case of Mero. (History is one of my areas of interest.)

Radiant: I can try to help out. I am just getting back after some computer woes. There are many different concepts that you can work with in the IR.

Originally Posted by Joshua Dyal
Hey, I've got all the PbP gaming my schedule can accomodate already going, but I just have to mention: every time I see your thread title I get that Tears for Fears song stuck in my head. Thanks a lot! :]

It could always be worse. You could find a thread that recalls the song "Grandma Got Ran Over by a Reindeer." :D
 
Last edited:

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
Hey there, Album. Nice to meet you!
Yes indeed, Erypt is unclaimed, and it's a reasonably powerful country that would put you on an even keel with the other players.

Do you wish to join us?

If you do, I'll add you to the roster at once. :)

Yours Sincerely
Edena_of_Neith
 

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
To Joshua Dyal:

If you change your mind, just post so here, on this thread.

I'm the accountant :D of the IR. Busy setting up the roster of players. I'm also playing too, and will most certainly win ... but that's in the future.

Right now I'm really hoping more good players will join us. Radiant has joined in, and it appears Album might join us. And that's good news. Very good news indeed. :)

So yes, if you change your mind, just post here. I'll check in here to see what the status of things is. So will Serpenteye, our gamemaster.

You'd certainly be most welcome in our game.

Yours Sincerely
Edena_of_Neith
 

Dungeon Delver's Guide

An Advertisement

Advertisement4

Top