(IR) Do you want to rule the world?

Serpenteye

First Post
You can.

Do you want to save the world?
That's the challenge.

Oerth awaits her new masters, for a master you will indeed become.

Take control over a nation, a race, an empire or an alliance and lead them to greatness. Advance, trough magic, technology, diplomacy and war, to create a utopian society or elevate yourself to Godhood. Destroy your enemies or convert them to your cause until you, and only you, are the supreme ruler of the world. The Revolution is coming... and everything is about to change.

Join us.
And make us join you.

http://www.enworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=109539
http://www.enworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=110369

Radiant

First Post
sounds very interisting. But the linked threads are just a bit too big to read through and get an overview. Will see how much I can chew down for now.

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
Hey there Radiant.
All you really need to do is e-mail Serpenteye. He can give you a description of the IR in a few manageable paragraphs.
And his e-mail? I'll ask him to put it here so you can contact him.

Yours Sincerely
Edena_of_Neith

Serpenteye

First Post
Welcome Radiant. :)

I'll try to give you a simple description of how the game works.

You play the leader of a powerful faction in a critical stage of the history of Oerth (the world of Greyhawk). As a leader you have control over both the military, industrial and scientific output of your faction, though your power is never uncontested. The sinister forces of your fellow players, and of my own NPC factions, are never far away.
The IR is a strategic role-playing game and the focus is far wider than a normal DnD game. The emphasis of the action is not on character against character combat, but on the accomplishments of your people as a whole. There are few restrictions to what you can do, but everything comes with a price.

We have managed to recruit a group of great players, and it is my personal belief that the game will kick ass. :D

My E-Mail is ecaf99@hotmail.com, but if you have any further questions you can ask them here so that others can benefit from the answers.

Radiant

First Post
Edena_of_Neith said:
Hey there Radiant.
All you really need to do is e-mail Serpenteye. He can give you a description of the IR in a few manageable paragraphs.
And his e-mail? I'll ask him to put it here so you can contact him.

Yours Sincerely
Edena_of_Neith

@Serpenteye: I've read the rules so far (not that I understood them all ;) ).
An overview on who is who, what factions are still around and some links to read up on Greyhawk would be real great.
Pkus some hints on not to get swallowed by your bigger neighbors as a newbie ;)
Remote location was among mine...

e-mail is Radiant "at" GMX "dot" tm

Album Cover X

First Post
this all seems very interesting... I'm trying to read thru the other threads attempting to understand the rules as I type this reply...

Are there still any openings??? If I read Edena's Megapost right... there's an Egyptian-flavored area unclaimed... I'm a sucker for all things Egyptian :)

Last edited:

Airwhale

First Post
Reading through all of the IR threads spells your doom. Well, not really, but it's a long read =)

Really, everything you need to know is on the first page of each thread. Also, on the 2nd page of the 1st ooc thread someone took the trouble to place the rules in a word file, though, I'm not sure if they have been updated.

Hey, I've got all the PbP gaming my schedule can accomodate already going, but I just have to mention: every time I see your thread title I get that Tears for Fears song stuck in my head. Thanks a lot! :]

Radiant

First Post
Album Cover X said:
this all seems very interesting... I'm trying to read thru the other threads attempting to understand the rules as I type this reply...

Are there still any openings??? If I read Edena's Megapost right... there's an Egyptian-flavored area unclaimed... I'm a sucker for all things Egyptian :)

yes that would be real intersting. So far it looked like there are an incredible lot of factions and regions, hard to get an overview. Ist it only possible to play an allready exisiting faction or can we create one of our own from one of the many territories that nothing is known about?

Remove ads