(IR) IR Interlude Turn 4 - 5 (thread 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
The Lortmils begin backtracking the events of the production of the nuclear missile. If we find that anything went amiss, and that those responsible are within our lands, they will be found and executed mercilessly.

Union of Oerth, I apologize for this most grievous incident. I assure you, it was not an intentional detonation on the part of the Lortmils government. There may be radicals at work here. They shall be rooted out and destroyed. Without question.

We will most certainly provide you with reparations and compensations. The first of which will be to help in the cleanup of the radiation, if at all possible.

Serpenteye

First Post
Edena_of_Neith said:

If your Sky-Sea League would help them in kicking out the invaders - including the missionaries of the Union of Oerth - then they might befriend you and ally with you.

Of cource, by doing this you would be considered an invader by other peoples and perhaps even the tribe that invited you. Our missionaries and diplomats are peaceful to all the peoples of this new world. They do, however bring vast gifts to the rulers of all the nations of the continent and are led by our most skilled diplomats.

kaboom

First Post
Serpenteye and Alyx: I am willing to make a bargain with you.
We TOTALY leave these people and let them chose who, if anyone who they will help.

Last edited:

Serpenteye

First Post
kaboom said:
Serpenteye and Alyx: I am willing to make a bargain with you.
We leave these people and let them chose who, if anyone they will help.

Thank you. It bodes well for the future of this world that matters can ce settled in this civilized and peaceful manner. Our missionaries will not engage in any hostilities with Alyx's forces in the area but compete peacefully for the favour of the natives.
-
We show the rulers of the new world a map of Oerth and figures of population and power of all the nations on Oerth, to demonstrate that we will be able to give them much more wealth, progress and protection than Alyx's confederation. We will match and exceed any offers Alyx makes to win their favour (though we don't inform them of that).

Union of Oerth, I apologize for this most grievous incident. I assure you, it was not an intentional detonation on the part of the Lortmils government. There may be radicals at work here. They shall be rooted out and destroyed. Without question.

We accept your appology and apologize to you in turn. We should have made sure the location was safe (massive divinations for any danger is SOP in all our military facilities). It seems the technomancy was not to blame in any way for the incident. Instead it was apparently caused by red goo that was somehow transported magically to the location.

We investigate further

Last edited:

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
There is a great nation of merfolk in the waters north of the northern edge of this new land.
That is your only contact for the moment, Kaboom.

The people of the new land attack the missionaries of both Serpenteye and Alyx, citing them as enemies.
The missionaries are forced to flee back to their ships.
The native peoples state that both groups have attacked them already, and that neither group is welcome ever again in that land.

GnomeWorks, you discover spies.
From, of all places, the Orcish Empire of the Pomarj.
Upon interrogation, they reveal that the Orcish Empire planned to sabotage the nuclear capabilities of the Lortmil Technomancy.
They also reveal that they had nothing to do with the sabotage of your device.
They deny any knowledge of the workings of Red Goo, in any case.
They do, however, give you some sort of unintelligible nonsense about wormform.

That is all you get from them.

Last edited:

Anabstercorian

First Post
Dandy.

I'm sending Soloron's best men out to examine the place. They come bearing gifts, unarmed (except with powerful magic) and in a diplomatic bearing. They're only explorers intending to get a good look at the place.

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
William wrote:

I will send troops to help Kaboom secure the continent. Leave it to the Dark
Union to start a war of conquest with Acerak up and running.

- - -

I will say this again, to Kaboom, Alyx, William, Serpenteye, and Anabstercorian:

The native people are fighting you.
And winning, too.

With their magic and their weapons, they drive your forces offshore, and you suffer heavy losses.
They shoot messages via arrows out to your ships, and the message is:

You are not welcome here.
Do not come here ever again.
Those who do, will be attacked.

You choose to attack us.
We welcomed you in peace, and you attacked us.

Therefore, you are not welcome in our land.
Go home.

William Ronald

Explorer
Edena, I think this land is what is called AnaKeri in the Greyhawk codex site. http://www.greyhawk-codex.com/ (This is in the History of the Suel section.)

I will suggest that we live Thayadon Fasfoni's proposal. I will share ALL knowledge of the various IR powers - including Toril - with them. Information is provided on the Oerth Alliance and what has transpired. I will be completely open with them. The people of these lands have the right to chose their own destiny and whom to ally with, if any.

Archcleric Hazen pens a letter to Jand, the Red Elf.

"My brother, leader of the Rising Sun, I respect you and your right to secrets. I ask that you consult with your Oerth Alliance allies in revealing the truth of this matter."

"I have no doubt that your intentions were noble and honorable. However, people often have a fear of outsiders and fear losing their own culture. I respect the right of people to chose their destinies, as I know you do."

"I respect you and your people. I suggest that you enter into negotiation with the peoples of AnaKeri. Perhaps you can explain to them your actions and the noble intentions behind them. I hope that we will be able to live in peace with the people of AnaKeri."

"I urge you to meet with them. "

Hazen will ask to send ambassadors to each faction, and they will do their best to explain what they know of the rest of the world. I invite them to exchange ambassadors. We tell them that we will ask that all forces that have landed on their continent explain themselves and their intentions to the native peoples. Also, I STRONGLY suggest that we let these people make their decisions.

Rhialto: Good trick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases