(IR) The 3rd IR, Turn 3 (thread 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Serpenteye, with the impossibility of Vecna to research 11th level magic and to advance your civilisation you weer right. As I quote from the Rules:

"You can create Pocket Dimensions. In these realities, your civilian population can safely hide,
or you may use these to house troops (in stasis, obviously) or supplies, or anything you
please.
Nothing can break into your Pocket Dimensions that does not also have 10th level magic. "

IN STASIS, so you can't do anything there but sit..

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
The Seers stated specifically that Vecna would return with ELEVENTH LEVEL MAGIC, crush the Elder Ones who had crushed the world, and rule a world of the Living Dead.

IC, do you doubt your own Seers?
If you do, do you doubt everyone else's Seers also?

And as for the stasis thing, that is optional.
Vecna could take his people into a pocket dimension, and keep them quite active if he wanted to.
Consider that an update to the rules.

- - -

I see clearly that the warning of the Seers has either been overlooked, ignored, or dismissed by a number of Powers.
Very well.

Last edited:

Ah, that's not true Edena. Some just take their time and see what's happening and what everyone is doing for stupid and rash things. We like to do things well planned and everything considered we aren't in any trouble and we are glad to stay out of it. We will observe and act accordingly instead of riscing to do anything rash and stupid while you do not comprehend the full plots and intregues yet. We take it very seriously and quick action might be the right thing to do but we like to be sure of what moves we make

We have the time... for now.

And the updates to the rules makes it al make sense :)

Last edited:

kaboom

First Post
the Sky-Sea League is working on a cure.
Did my trick work? Here it is again:
I cast a wish spell stating: I wish that the undead being known as Acerack is not able to repel the magical influence of a helm of opposite alignment the next time one is placed on his head. Then with haste and two minds cast I teleport w/o error next to Acerack, put a helm of opposite alignment on him and teleport w/o error out.

Undead are immune to mind effecting and I think such a helmet works mentally.... so I really really really think it's not gonna work... and you might run into someone constantly prepared with PL 15 and a quickend timestop.

And knowing that Ace knows his stuff he's gonna open a can of whoopass on you boy if he catches you....

And Kaboom... how much I like that you ignored my stunt earlier today. Did you miss it or are you just ignoring that stunt?:) Just curious :p

Last edited:

Forrester

First Post
Vecna really IS insane:

Edena_of_Neith said:

And your Seers are able to deduce what it is Vecna is going to do.

Vecna is going to open a Gate, and let the Elder Ones into Greyspace.
He is also going to use his 10th level magic to stab a poisoned knife into the very vitals of Oerth, creating a 10th level plague that will cause all that grows - tree, brush, and grass - upon Oerth to become poisoned, twisted, and / or evil.
He also is going to attack, with all his Legions, in order to stop you from researching any way to save yourselves from Acererak's plague. And he will strengthen that plague, so that it cannot be cured by anything short of a Wish or Miracle spell.
He also intends to storm the City of the Gods, with the specific intent of awakening it, so that it will bring it's weapons of superscience to bear upon you all.
He intends to escape into his pocket dimension, while your world dies, and watch it all from a safe distance.
When it all is over, he intends to return, with 11th level magic, subdue the Elder Ones, and rule over a world of the Living Dead.

1) Let the Elder Ones into Greyspace.

I call your attention to the rules regarding what can be done with 10th level magic:

"You can create permanent Gates, from your land to other places on Oerth, in Greyspace, or to other Planes of existence.
Your PCs, NPCs, and army (but not the armies of other Powers or any kind of Planar Armies) can freely use these Gates."

10th level magic is powerful, but not THAT powerful. Can't bring the Elder Races in with such gates.

Which frankly, makes sense. We've had 10th level magic for awhile now on Toril, and no one was able to bring in the Elder ones. The complexity and TIME it takes to perform such a ritual is simply tremendous. It probably would take 11th level magic, at least. The idea that with a snap of one's fingers one can bring in the Elder Races with 10th level magic is ludicrous.

What's next? Can an Illithid with 10th level magic decide to extinguish the sun within a month's time? Because that's the level of task we're talking about here.

2) 10th level plague over Oerth to kill/twist all plant life

Again, I bring your attention to the rules:
"You can alter the flora and fauna of your land, by one level of change (from the flora and fauna of the warm temperate lands, to the flora and fauna of the subtropics) per turn."

That's of YOUR land. One level. With 10th level magic. This kind of magic -- an Oerthian-extending plague that kills all fauna -- is the kind of thing that MIGHT be done with 11th level magic. Maybe. Maybe it could be done with 10th level magic over the course of a few months. But no -- he threatens that with a snap of the fingers, all plant life is dead/evil, unless we stop him immediately? With 10th level magic? 10th level magic is good, but it ain't that f'ing good.

3) He also is going to attack, with all his Legions, in order to stop you from researching any way to save yourselves from Acererak's plague.

Bring it.

4) He will strengthen that plague, so that it cannot be cured by anything short of a Wish or Miracle spell.

So with 9th level magic + 10th level magic someone can cause a plague that can kill everyone on Oerth within 3 weeks if they can't get Wish cast on them.

Again, I think we're getting into 11th level magic territory here. Before, 10th level magic could be used to cause (for instance) earthquakes or storms or whatnot that could hurt large countries, and devastate small countries. ONCE a turn.

How convenient for Mr. V. that now he can just kill everyone, everywhere, in one turn, using magic with the same power.

Maybe he could use his 10th level magic so that it affected elves (if that's the way he wanted to go :) ), or -- and this is still a bit of a stretch -- so that Remove Disease didn't give immunity in the future -- everyone would have to get the cure every three or four weeks, or die.

5) He also intends to storm the City of the Gods.

This, he can do. The City will attack him back, of course -- they will go after whoever breached their defenses first. And it seems likely that they know that Vecna is out there, and if WE know what Vecna is threatening, then they do as well.

But yes, he could do this, and cause a huge huge amount of trouble. I was wondering when he was going to try this. Unfortunately it turned out to be sooner, not later.

6) When it all is over, he intends to return, with 11th level magic, subdue the Elder Ones, and rule over a world of the Living Dead.

Subdue the elder ones with 11th level magic? Good f'ing luck. I suppose he's insane enough to believe he might be able to do it -- but the Angels on Toril fear the coming of the Elder Ones, and we've got 11th level magic out the ying-yang there.

I'm guessing that you really aren't in "stasis" when in a pocket dimension, and I'm guessing that he COULD -- very very slowly -- get 11th level magic if he brought the Shade and the Dark Union with him. He could force them to work for him, and force them to do "Industrialization" as well, so that their PLs rose and fell as they worked on 11th level magic. It would probably take years, though.

-----
In conclusion, Vecna is insane if he thinks he can do, within one month's time, ANY of the above (with the exception of attacking us/attacking the City of the Gods) with mere 10th level magic.

But hey, he's insane, so there you go.

But I'm going to confirm all this, Edena.

Unlike everyone on Oerth, I'm used to 10th level magic.
I'm used to ELEVENTH level magic.

And I know what it can do, and what it can't do.

I talk to my seers and confirm that what Vecna intends to do, he cannot, not within a months time. Except attack, of course.

Lord Forrester

Last edited:

Question.

Anyone interested in updating me on what the hell the elder races are...? They seem like ultimate whoopass incarnated but if anyone wants to explain? Be my guest.

Black Omega

First Post
Repost

Coalition of Light and Shadow
Highfolk
Red Death + One Week

Siobhan's Study is not half as neat as it once was...numerous stacks of paper and parchment littering the tables and chairs. Siobhan herself is nearly unrecognizable under the sealed white environmental suit, breathing mask and heavy gloves.

"To the Circle of Eight, It's an honor to be in touch with you again. I hope the research into the plague is coming along well. The technocracy and the Torillians remain free of it. Get in touch with them to coordinate research on how to stop, or at least slow the plague. The more we can slow it the more can be healed by our clerics. Thank you and best wishes.
Siobhan Silirevnur."

A knock at the door disturbs the fae's plotting "Just slide the papers under the door, Morre! Make sure they were treated first!"

"good news!" comes the voice through the door "The plague won't effect us! Elves and fae are immune!"

Siobhan yanks off her mask, panting a little "Great....I was starting to feel claustriphobic. Ok..ok..come on in then...we've still got orders to get out."

"To Azaghul Doomhammer, Warden of the Sepia and Perren March. We've sent all the clerics we can to help stem the tide of the disease. Do your best to restore order, but as peacefully as possible. The people are panicked and it's understandable. But they are still our people...be as gentle as you can but get the job done. We have to be ready in case of attack. Siobhan."

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
The Wish fails, Kaboom.
Acererak cannot be done away with so easily.

- - -

And now that you have figured out that Vecna cannot do most of what the Seers are saying he is going to do, you must ask yourself a question:

Who sent the vision to the Seers?
Why was it sent?
What were the senders trying to achieve?
Who are the senders?

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases