(IR) The 3rd IR, Turn 3 (thread 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalanyr

Explorer
I put these up earlier but I don't know if you saw them so:

I am assuming no further actions can be taken this Turn by anyone. Am I correct?

Also can a races alignment be altered by 10th level magic? (In this case the races are those under my control can this be done?)

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
Kalanyr, you could take non-combat actions this Turn still.
So could Forsaken One and Festy Dog.

10th level magic will allow you to, over the space of an entire Turn, alter the alignment of one nation or group of people, yes.

For instance, the drow of the Under-Oerth count as a group of people, as do the Formians of the Hive Cluster.
Furyondy would count as one nation.

However, the Drow of the Underdark are bigger than a group of people, and the Kevellond League is bigger than Furyondy.

You could alter one nation or group of beings per Turn. Not more than one. (Consider the magnitude of just converting one.)

Also remember that, with 10th level magic, you can do a whole bunch of things at the same time (such as converting a group of beings from one alignment to the other, while changing the climate of a nation permanently, while altering the physical characteristics of the armies of one nation permanently, while throwing a Catastrophe, while ... )

Last edited:

Serpenteye

First Post
A suggestion

My nomination for the name of the lands formerly known as the Gnarley, Welkwood and Wild Coast is:

The Bloody Waste

Bloody because of the puddles of blood. Waste because it's a wasteland. And Bloody Waste because that is what war is.

Forrester

First Post
EDENA --

Kas was fighting by my side during the battle -- this means that the fight between Kas and Vecna was likely near my forces.

And I think you know what THAT means.

I don't expect my Kender to get both the Sword of Kas and the Staff of Vecna, but I do expect that they will have a half-decent shot of picking up one or the other (preferably the staff, but we'll see).

I'll let you decide what the d100% chance is, and let me know :)

Forrester

And I think the Bloody Waste is an appropriate name.

I take it the Doomgrinder has slammed up against a mountain at this point? Or is it continuing to crawl ahead at 1 mph?

Anabstercorian

First Post
Ow.

Anabstercorian... wakes.

Slowly, he sits up in his bed beneath the Godspires, surrounded by concerned Solistarim. Slowly he rubs his head, feeling the psychic scars that are still just beginning to heal.
<< You healed me. >>
"As it should be, my lord."
<< This is good. What state is Vaegroth in? >>
"Vaegroth was left same as you, my lord, crippled but not dead. No doubt he is healed by now. Both of you must allow your psionic circuits to cool... You especially."
<< Damnation... It is to be expected. How fares the Dictum? >>
"It is moving well, my lord."
<< Good... Vecna is lost to us, but there are... Other targets... >>
He gets up and, with a little hesitation, sends a Message To Anabstercorian's Allies: I hope my presence on the battlefield helped to some significant extent. I'm afraid the Solistarim as a whole were preoccupied with research. As I promised, there will be no Solistarim offensives on any of our allies for three months. And William Ronald? Thanks for the tip. Same to the gnome who tried to bail me out. Can't remember your name at the moment, but I owe you both a favor. Ciao.

<< Edena, I'm assuming that Anabstercorian would be healed by loyal Solistarim agents. If, for some reason, this is not the case, I'm good and screwed any way, so moot point. How is the Dictum coming along? Will it be done by next turn? Also, how many levels, if any, did I gain by being involved in this battle? I'm thinking of taking levels in Mindbender. >>

Last edited:

Mr. Draco

First Post
A telepathic message is sent out to Forresster from the honor-guard of Kas.

"Enlightened ruler, our leader stood with your forces on the field of battle. Foe for foe he matched any other warrior on the battlefield. Yet he still had the power within him to slay the one known as Vecna. In doing so, he recieved grave injuries, including the permanent loss of his sword arm. We know that your forces are powerful and knowaldgeable, it is with this in mind that we request the construction adn fitting of a cyberntetic (that is what you call it right?) arm for him. It is truly the least you can do for one who did so much for this world." -Honor Guard of Kas

Edena, i'm fine with your overuling of what i said. It turned out more with my origional intention anyway. So, thanks! :)

Last edited:

Kalanyr, Melkor was serious about inviting you to Shadow Pantheon. Shade start to worship you as God of War and Destruction, alongside Shadowking, and I will suggest you spread The Cult of Shadow in your realms. Until you ascend, your clerics will have their spells granted by Melkor. Is it okay Edena? Acerak, would you be interested in joining Shadow Pantheon as God of The Death?

And Melkor has seen all the mayhem his children have caused in Celene. Entire cities turned into oblivion, children being torn apart at the sight of their mathers, all the fear, all hatred, it reached him in his realm, far in The Shadow, and he feed upon it. And he laughed.

Forrester

First Post
Mr. Draco said:
A telepathic message is sent out to Forresster from the honor-guard of Kas.

"Enlightened ruler, our leader stood with your forces on the field of battle. Foe for foe he matched any other warrior on the battlefield. Yet he still had the power within him to slay the one known as Vecna. In doing so, he recieved grave injuries, including the permanent loss of his sword arm. We know that your forces are powerful and knowaldgeable, it is with this in mind that we request the construction adn fitting of a cyberntetic (that is what you call it right?) arm for him. It is truly the least you can do for one who did so much for this world." -Honor Guard of Kas

Truly, Kas did Oerth a great service when he felled Lord Vecna.

However, now he must ask himself a question. Does he stand with the Shade, and against Oerth, or against the Shade, and with Oerth?

I'd hate to give him a cybernetic arm and then have to rip it off of him.

Lord Forrester

Black Omega

First Post
Coalition forces arriving too late to actually fight in the battle can at least help in the healing and recovery after that savage battle.

Back in the homelands, pick up the purge of the brotherhood's agents. Each land according to their own laws. The pragmatic people's of Perrenland and Sepia might be a little more ruthless about it. The seelie and elves a little more likley to leave a few in unimportant places where they can be fed false information.

And last but not least

Kal,
I hope the horrors of the Abyss are treating you well. I'm alive. Saying much more after such a horrific battle seems like tempting fate. It was truly a battle that will reshape the map forever. Thank you for the chocolate and perfume. The chocolate didn't last long but the perfume I can save for our long delayed dinner. I guess it's not that long but it seems like forever! I sent along a couple of things...a little Beckoning Cat statue..they are supposed to bring good luck. And a last few roses from the bloody wastes...no doubt fed their last few hours by the blood of millions. Dearest regards, Siobhan.

Forrester

First Post
Re: Ow.

Anabstercorian said:

He gets up and, with a little hesitation, sends a Message To Anabstercorian's Allies: I hope my presence on the battlefield helped to some significant extent. I'm afraid the Solistarim as a whole were preoccupied with research. As I promised, there will be no Solistarim offensives on any of our allies for three months. And William Ronald? Thanks for the tip. Same to the gnome who tried to bail me out. Can't remember your name at the moment, but I owe you both a favor. Ciao.

Yes, we really appreciate your help -- especially the way you were blowing up BOTH SIDES with your weapons.

The way you've been doing since the trouble started. Yeah, you're priceless.

I especially like the way you promise no offensives ON YOUR ALLIES for three months. Why not just say this:

"I promise no offensives against my allies until I have 10th level magic. Afterwards, they should stick their heads between their legs and kiss their asses goodbye, because there's nothing more fun than an 130th level Illithid with 10th level magic."

I'd reconsider putting ALL of your efforts into research, Illithid. You might want more than a token defense should we decide that we don't want the insane Anabstercorian getting 10th level magic anytime soon. Like in the next few hundred years.

Lord Forrester

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads