• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(IR) The Treaty of Erinhei-Cinlu Summit (Turn 1)

Guilt Puppy

First Post
"Whether we are to punish Iuz with a slap on the wrist, or the full force of justice, such is a matter to be taken up during the hearings for punishment, scheduled later in the Summit."

"We will say, however, that we find this talk of leniency sickening. Are you so afraid of the costs of enforcing law that you would abandon it entirely? How exactly is a lawless, quibbling lot stronger than a Pact tied together by strong, proven bonds? What great, mighty empire has existed on Oerth that was renowned for its leniency? Leniency breeds weakness. Leniency is weakness. Banish the thought, or it will quickly become our tomb."

Abbon Craylor sits down, face clearly reddened. Calmly, however, he turns to address his host:

"Shall we move on, then, to the Trial of Gallador?"

Anabstercorian

First Post
"The Brotherhood are correct - I get ahead of myself."

"Next on the agenda, the matter of Gallador and his predations upon the drow remnants outside the Great City, and whether such actions qualify as a betrayal to a fellow Pact member."

"All present, place your votes."

"Great Dragon is wise, those Drow we saved from death or madness, like madness that got Eclavdra , were not, I repeat, not the followers of Eclavdra Velsharess! It was Eclavdra that joined the Pact, not the Drow race as a whole!"

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
EDIT: And that's what I get for reading this thread first. No questioning of Eclavdra now. Indeed, it's now an open question as to whether the drow Gallador took have any protection under the Treaty, lacking a signatory member as their ruler.

Last edited:

"Did Eclavdra at any point had sovereignity over entire Drow race?! What about Drow that served Iuz, and there were drow in my father`s service for centuries, both dead and alive!"

Bugbear

First Post
Guilt Puppy said:
"Whether we are to punish Iuz with a slap on the wrist, or the full force of justice, such is a matter to be taken up during the hearings for punishment, scheduled later in the Summit."
Please forgive my haste. I will repeat my request at the appropriate time.

Okay the Lanfear`s reasoning:

1. Not all Drow were a part of Eclavdor Empire!

2. Those Drow that didn`t follow Eclavdra were a threat to her which Gallador eliminated!

3. And they could die or get insane from Withdrawal, now they are used to fight Vecna on Gibenei!

Bugbear

First Post
Melkor said:
"Did Eclavdra at any point had sovereignity over entire Drow race?! What about Drow that served Iuz, and there were drow in my father`s service for centuries, both dead and alive!"

No, she clearly did not. However, The Drow whom you embraced were citizens of the one hundred cities, which Eclavdra did have sovereignity over. When Eclavdra founded the Pact, it was not just her who was protected by it, but her and her subjects, many of whom you attacked and made into your servants.

It did not matter that they were not residents of the Great City, only that they were citizens of the One Hundred Cities.

Guilt Puppy

First Post
"It is presumptive for Ashardalon to cast a vote before any arguments have been heard, let alone all charges properly conveyed. But if he fears the cost of justice so much as he makes it appears, I suppose that is his perogative."

Abbon stands, once again, to address the members of the Pact.

"In attacking drow subjects and converting them into his own servitors, Gallador is clearly in violation of the Pact. But our host neglects his further and yet more obvious crime: He aided the traitor Iuz in attacking myself, two of our Elder Brothers, as well as a number of our most trusted Brethren. I don't believe we need to quote the terms of the Pact at all here: We all know well that an attack on the leadership of a fellow Pact member is the highest and most egregious form of treason."

Abbon turns, questioning Lanfear directly.

"How, exactly, does Gallador intend to hide this crime?"

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads