IRC channel

dammitbiscuit

First Post
Would people be up for chillin in an IRC channel? If my DM, or a PF judge, or a PC in one of my games isn't around, PMing them and getting their reply hours later makes sense. It's a pretty nice convenience, actually!

But what if we're both online? A conversation that could take an hour by post or PM can be hammered out in minutes or seconds via chat. Obviously, playing the game needs to be done on the forums so that everyone can participate. But if it's just two people trying to come up with a simple answer, or collaborate on something that'll later see the light of day, IRC would be way more convenient.

Is there already a channel in which many of you chill for other reasons and end up occasionally discussing LPF stuff? If not, would people use an LPF channel if I created one?

vmaaxt

First Post
I was wondering if we had one. It seems like a natural extension, for the reasons you mentioned. Should we go ahead and set one up, and see how it gets used?

EDIT: I went ahead and made a channel on Otherworlders. If anybody has a server/network they're particularly attached to, we could move there.

irc://irc.otherworlders.org/lpf

Last edited:

IronWolf

blank
Interesting idea. Been a year or so since I have done any heavy IRCing, might be time for me to get a client installed and hanging out a bit.

IronWolf

blank
Here's a web-based way to join; no IRC client needed!

https://client04.chat.mibbit.com/?url=irc://irc.otherworlders.org/lpf

It's quiet now, but this is like a snowman, or belief in the supernatural. It looks silly when only one or two people are doing it, but if we persevere and get a critical mass of 5 or 10 people it'll be great! Feel free to idle in the channel with us til that fateful day. :)

I will probably end up getting my irssi client running again on a linux box. Then I can detach from the session when I move from home to work and back again.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases