Is 3.5 experience a sales renaissance?

DaveMage

Slumbering in Tsar
I'm curious to see how 3.5/OGL things do when Pathfinder is released. It could create a mini-surge in 3.5/OGL purchases - especially in the pdf market.

Products like Arms & Armor v3.5 could find a new audience with (potentially) minimal costs to stick a "usable with Pathfinder" label on it.

Now realistically I don't think the sales surge will be huge, but it could provide a nice bump to some companies.

Jhaelen

First Post
Well, several of my players bought a lot of 3E books this year. Since my 3E campaign will take at least another year to finish, they'll probably still get some use out of them.

I've only bought one 3E book since 4E was released (Lords of Madness).

ruemere

Adventurer
Stuff purchased of late:
- Ptolus (pdf. it's so good that I consider purchasing print version)
- Night of Dissolution
- SORD Plus (super does not begin to cover its usefulness for my players)

Also:
- Ave Molech, for bargain price and Bron picture (it's a setting with nice ideas mired by horrible editing, still, it looks like a work of love, so I should be more forgiving, probably)

I never buy via Amazon. Preferring RPGNow, DrivethruRPGs and Leisure Games (the last one for printed stuff).

I have also made my mind to purchase Pathfinder RPG when it comes up.

Regards,
Ruemere

Mieric

First Post
I'm about to kick off a 3e campaign, and just started playing in one too. So I'm grabbing some good deals from Amazon and Noble Knight Games.

Picking up various new and unused 3e hardbacks for under $7.... well it keeps me in a surplus of gaming material and my wife happy. :p

Serendipity

Explorer
I seriously, seriously doubt it. Right now many (myself included) are grabbing what we can (at ROCK BOTTOM PRICES!!!! - sorry, I couldn't help myself) with all the sales and such going on.
Wait til next year (like...end of summer) and see how all this stuff is selling for those still putting it out. I doubt it'll be as much as many think.

Aus_Snow

First Post
Whereas, I wouldn't be too surprised if it'll be more than many seem to expect. :D

Either way, I'm not too fussed. Sure, I'd like to see 3rd Era and so on going strong, for years to come. But whatever the case there, other d20-based and OGL lines are definitely still doing well, and I really doubt that they'll stop doing well in the foreseeable future.

Pathfinder's one of the biggies there, of course. Next year could be very interesting indeed. . .

scruffygrognard

Adventurer
I know that I'm getting about a dozen books for D&D 3.5 this Christmas... so my wife and family are contributing towards any the possible "sales spike" in 3.X/OGL products.

:)

Remove ads