Is a Kickstarter for this Epic Bestiary book a good idea?

Is a Kickstarter for this Epic Bestiary a good idea?

dave2008

Legend
I still suspect the scale of my monster roster is a tad on the big side: Off the top of my head its around 20 medium, 15 large, 20 huge, 10 gargantuan and 15 bigger than gargantuan (those are not exact numbers, but its in around those for each size give or take one or two). We discussed in private about how to do Mega-size monsters. But as regards standard mini sizes typically miniature lines will have a majority of medium-sized creatures. Although I guess the 3D modelling process might not be much more expensive for bigger sizes.
Perhaps think of them less as minis and more as collector items. Then the can be the "wrong" scale and just be this cool thing you can get.

Perhaps think of them less as minis and more as collector items. Then the can be the "wrong" scale and just be this cool thing you can get.

I guess. If I had been thinking about minis from the start I may have made a handful of changes to the roster.

I was hunting online how to get some minis made and stumbled over Heroforge. I managed to create a 90% identical character to the one I would have been looking for (really just the horns were different...and the cloak could have been longer - couldn't see any option to increase the cloak size. So I purchased the STL file and I have a friend with a 3D printer as she will print me one to see what it's like. I could post the image of what it looks like but that might spoil the surprise...its pretty cool though. :cool:

Maybe, but I'm a notorious and habitual thread necromancer. ...and I know Krusty is trying to promote his wonderful creations, which is a very good thing since there can never be too much epic.

I appreciate the support amigo, but that sort of thing isn't necessary. Especially at this particular moment. I'm not even at the pre-launch element of the Kickstarter yet. I'll try and ramp up a bit of a social media presence in a couple of months when things are nearing completion and I have lots of stuff to show - in particular the colour artwork..

Hey everyone,

curious to hear opinions on something I am currently on the fence about and that is whether or not to add spot colour to the black & white art in the book.

My current choices seem to be:

1. Keep the B&W art completely B&W
2. Add spot colour to Energy Effects (and not every image would have such an effect
3. Add a spot colour to one element of the image (not simply an energy effect).

Sarcophagolem shaded with border.jpg

Sarcophagolem colour with border.jpg

Remove ads