• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Is Adventures in Middle Earth worth trying to get?

Datactingguy

Explorer
I only recently found out about it, and also discovered it’s been discontinued. Is it worth trying to buy the books now, especially since they’ve likely gone up in price second hand? Is it good enough for me to drop 200 bucks to buy the books I can from the site? Or am I better off trying to get TOR (or wait for the second edition)?

TheSword

Legend
I only recently found out about it, and also discovered it’s been discontinued. Is it worth trying to buy the books now, especially since they’ve likely gone up in price second hand? Is it good enough for me to drop 200 bucks to buy the books I can from the site? Or am I better off trying to get TOR (or wait for the second edition)?
I’m surprised they aren’t being sold on DriveThru. It’s a good series for a low magic setting in fact I’d say very good. Avoid the non-combat classes like the plague but other than that we had a blast on the Mirkwood campaign.

Weiley31

Legend
You can pretty much bring over the Warrior (Fighter), Treasure Hunter(Rogue), and Slayer (Barbarian) over to DND 5E without issues.Including their Subclasses.

So it's good for playing AND bring some stuff over into your dnd games.

TheSword

Legend
Cubicle 7. It doesn’t seem that long ago I bought their humble bundle? Or has 3
months in lockdown caused me to loose all track of space and time.

In which case eBay is your friend. Most hardbacks seem to be going for £18-£30 which isnt dramatically different to the Previous hardback price IIRC.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Cubicle 7. It doesn’t seem that long ago I bought their humble bundle? Or has 3
months in lockdown caused me to loose all track of space and time.
They no longer have the license for Tolkien stuff. The Bundle was their final sale.

Tales and Chronicles

Jewel of the North, formerly know as vincegetorix

The product line will be continued by another publisher. I dont remember which one, but there will be more AiME books, do not worry. :)

Tales and Chronicles

Jewel of the North, formerly know as vincegetorix
Oh, so hold off for now? For a rerelease/second edition? I’m sure I can find the PDFs no problem, I just like having hardbacks hahaha

From what I've seen, I think the line will just take off where Cubicle 7 left it, no new release (unlike TOR which the new company will publish the promised 2nd Edition)

Remove ads