Is the monster builder dead in the water?

A2Z

Explorer
With all the hullabaloo about the character builder fiasco I haven't seen anything about the Monster Builder. Are they doing an online app for that as well? We're going on 4 months behind on updates now and I doubt I'll ever see the DS Creature Catalog added to it. If I want them in there I guess I'll have to add them myself.

Dungeoneer

First Post
With all the hullabaloo about the character builder fiasco I haven't seen anything about the Monster Builder. Are they doing an online app for that as well? We're going on 4 months behind on updates now and I doubt I'll ever see the DS Creature Catalog added to it. If I want them in there I guess I'll have to add them myself.
Yes, an online MB is coming, supposedly this month, although I'm not holding my breath.

Riastlin

First Post
What the Dungeoneer said. Though they did state that they were "hoping" to have it this month but acknowledged that it might be delayed. They also stated that it would be in Beta and the old MB would still be available for download, etc.​

Merlin the Tuna

First Post
What the Dungeoneer said. Though they did state that they were "hoping" to have it this month but acknowledged that it might be delayed. They also stated that it would be in Beta and the old MB would still be available for download, etc.​
This is accurate, but they also mentioned that they will not be updating the old builder. So basically it's the same situation we got with the Character Builder, except that they're telling us up front that they're behind schedule and that the final product is going to be buggy as all get out on day one. So they're improving, I guess?

the Jester

Legend
This is accurate, but they also mentioned that they will not be updating the old builder. So basically it's the same situation we got with the Character Builder, except that they're telling us up front that they're behind schedule and that the final product is going to be buggy as all get out on day one. So they're improving, I guess?

I think it's a huge improvement over the CB debacle. While I'm VERY disappointed that the offline MB won't ever be fixed- it's buggy as all hell to the point where it is certainly usable, but it is completely unreliable; it might screw with the numbers or even text of your monster- I am hoping that the new version will be decent once it has had a couple of months of refinement.

We'll see, though- I'm hoping but not hopeful, if you know what I mean. This whole mess has once again robbed me of any faith in WotC's digital skillz, just when they were starting to build up some cred again. Aargh.

Remove ads