D&D 3E/3.5 Is there a good 3.0e character creator?

blockgoblin31

First Post
I'm looking for a character creator that has all the base rules and where its relatively easy to add in custom classes, etc from other books I own. It seems everything I find is 3.5e or too hard to use.

Check the pcgen folder for a \docs folder. Should be documentation in html form. Start with the index.html.

Or you can use the editors. In the Tools menu you should find a List Editors menu. Ought to be tools to make custom classes, deities, domains, feats, languages, races,skills, spells, etc.

LST files are also known as "list" files (i.e. editor above).

You can bundle LST files together into a collection (PCC). A source book with classes, spells, etc would have one PCC that references all the LST files.

It's been a while but I believe you can also define your own campaigns in a PCC file (i.e. which phb/dmg versions, splat book PCCs, custom LST) are available so you make sure everyone uses the same books.

Last edited:

Nylanfs

Adventurer
I found it already, I can't figure out the formatting for the files to add in my own stuff
In the 3e (and 35e, and Pathfinder) data folder there is a directory called homebrew. Use that as the template for your new data files. And you can find the List File Classes in the documentation and some tutorials on Youtube.

Remove ads