D&D 4E Is there a monster repository like iplay4e.com

jhilahd

Explorer
Ok, I love me some iplay4e.com. Great resource for extra characters when I don't have the time, a place I store my groups characters so I can review them, keep extra copies yada yada yada.

But is there a place where people can upload/download monsters for the monster builder?

Thanks!

weem

First Post
But is there a place where people can upload/download monsters for the monster builder?!

I'm not sure off-hand, but it's something I thought about back when it first released - my problem has been, however, that such a place could get bogged down in beasts that are just slight variations of official versions and it might be hard to find anything original - if done right it could be cool.

The other thing is, I wonder how WoTC might react, seeing as how you could simply export them all and then upload them to the site etc. With characters it's a bit different - they don't already exist in the books anywhere. But monster stat blocks do.

Anyway, just some random thoughts on the subject as I pass through - sorry I'm of no help, hehe.

jhilahd

Explorer
Excellent points. I hadn't considered the ability to just post standard/official monsters. That's why. It has too much room to play. Now if only WotC would do something like this. That'd be nice. DDI subscribers could have a hub to build from.

And the bogged down approach seems to be another solid point. Look a Goblin. Oh wait... it's the same thing with only better AC/defenses/hp/et. al.

I was hopeful. I know dungeronmastering.com, by Yax, has a repository of monsters. But not quite the same.

/le_sigh.

Oh well.

Remove ads