• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Is this gaming product too offensive or merely funny?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Particle_Man is t3|-| 100z3|2!

Seriously, man? You got offended by that particular joke?

I'm glad I don't deal with you - or anyone of similar "political" bent - in real life. Not for my own sake, mind you, but for yours. You'd likely suffer from apoplexy and heart attacks within a few days, as every third word out of my mouth offended you. Not, of course, because I am a generally offensive person, but because you'd be carrying such a huge, red-painted "Piss Me Off!" target that it would be impossible to avoid throwing some well-aimed darts.

Slayer's Guide to Womyn, indeed.

Hijinks

First Post
I find it stupid, not offensive. And I'm an overweight female. If I don't get offended, then yeah you probably overreacted a bit.

If it came from a website that says "WARNING, YOU MIGHT BE OFFENDED," then I have no sympathy for those who are "offended." Blame the morons who are passing it around as something new.

reveal

Adventurer
Personally, I think this Web Enhancement is just stupid. It's not funny at all. But I don't find it particularly offensive. I can understand how one could but I don't see it that way.

Shemeska

Adventurer
Mildly amusing but not offensive. I personally found the Slayers Guide to Rules Lawyers much funnier.

People are way too thin skinned over this...

Particle_Man

Explorer
To answer one question above, I have read the web enhancement but not the book of which it is a web enhancement.

I was curious what the reaction would be if there had been a "Slayers guide to racial types" that then had a web enhancement including the prestige class "The Jew", with class abilities like "steal your money" and "member of cabal that runs the banks". I personally would object to that, and I have a problem with the prestige classes (the third might provide the closest parallel) in the web enhancement to "Slayer's Guide to Women" for about the same reasons. Is there a difference that I am missing? Or am I also too thin-skinned about "The Jew" prestige class idea?

Particle_Man said:
I was curious what the reaction would be if there had been a "Slayers guide to racial types" that then had a web enhancement including the prestige class "The Jew", with class abilities like "steal your money" and "member of cabal that runs the banks".

Don't forget Weapon Focus and Weapon Specialization (shuriken) as bonus feats, as well as favored enemy (Humanoid[orc]) +2 (+4 at 5th-level, stacking with any Ranger favored enemy they may already have).

Is there a difference that I am missing? Or am I also too thin-skinned about "The Jew" prestige class idea?

There is. It's been alluded to on the WotC threads, but I'll post it barefaced here.

The PrCs in the web enhancement make fun of gamer stereotypes. They do not make fun of general populace stereotypes. Thus, there is a difference between your putative "Jewish Avenger" PrC and the pdf's "Overweight LARP Chick" PrC.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Particle_Man said:
To answer one question above, I have read the web enhancement but not the book of which it is a web enhancement.

I was curious what the reaction would be if there had been a "Slayers guide to racial types" that then had a web enhancement including the prestige class "The Jew", with class abilities like "steal your money" and "member of cabal that runs the banks". I personally would object to that, and I have a problem with the prestige classes (the third might provide the closest parallel) in the web enhancement to "Slayer's Guide to Women" for about the same reasons. Is there a difference that I am missing? Or am I also too thin-skinned about "The Jew" prestige class idea?
If they did make a Slayer's Guide to Jews, they should package in a DVD with the Family Guy episode with the "I Need a Jew" song

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads