Itar's Workshop: Dungeon Terrain and Accessories (Great for 2D tiles)

ced1106

Explorer
Itar's Workshop is running a dungeon terrain and accessories KickStarter. IW is raising funds for a spin-casting system for their line of resin models and has a modest goal of $7000.

You're probably already familiar with the Dwaven Forge KickStarter, so here's how they compare. IMO, There's room for both for your dungeon (and my tavern) needs!

Dwarven Forge:
* Better price for multiple basic dungeon tile sets: $120 for three sets (including stretch goals) plus extra stuff.
* Accessory add-on set TBA at $1M stretch goal. Free treasure pile and two barrels with each set pledged.
* Fewer variety of more tiles offer less customization, but easier organization.
* Full-wall tiles suitable for stone buildings, such as taverns. Free window tile with each set pledged.
* KS: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dwarvenforge/dwarven-forges-game-tiles-revolutionary-miniature

Itar's Workshop:
* Better international price for one set of basic dungeon tiles: $45 + $20 shipping vs. $65 + $50 for DF.
* More variety of tiles offers more customization.
* Half-wall tiles ideal for corridors and suitable for outdoor walls. Half-wall corridors work fine when DF's full wall tiles are used as rooms.
* Accessories do not require purchase of tiles. Ideal for anyone who already has 2D or 3D tiles.
* Accessories prices vary from $5 for a throne, to 12 lamps and lanterns for $2. Great price.
* Accessories are unpainted, but should be easy to paint. Tiles can be prepainted.
* Tiles and accessories compatible with Hirst Arts molds and products. IW is a licensed HA distributor.
* See the Dungeonstone FAQ of a picture of DF tiles used with HA tiles.
* KS: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/554948184/itars-workshop-dungeon-terrain

IW is also receptive to backer suggestions! I'm assuming they'll be using their already existing molds, so adding new accessories to their project won't be difficult.

Callahan09

Explorer
Yep I pledged $56, I really like those accessories! Sticking with Dwarven Forge for the tiles though. I made a bunch of requests as well, for other HA mold accessories to be added as options. I'm keeping an eye on it. I really want that cathedral set which is currently a stretch goal that may or may not be reached but I hope it will be.

Wow these are really good prices, especially the unpainted, so I hope they fit well with the dwarven forge stuff as well, a bit of mixy-matchy. The accessories are awesome too, I pledged for a bunch of those!

stevelabny

Explorer
Not promising a pledge

But I am interested in accessories.

Wouldn't mind seeing siege weapons, nests, wizard's lab equipment, blacksmith equipment, guillotine, gallows, carpets (bear skin rug!), and small boats - at least a rowboat :p

stevelabny

Explorer
@ Stevelabny Have you checked out MegaMinis.com?
They are going out of business in a month, and I think they have everything you mentioned.

I can neither confirm or deny that my previous post was formed looking at a megaminis shopping list. :D Unlike most minis people, I prefer plastic to metal for cost/convenience and I know from first hand experience that the megaminis people minis aren't particularly high quality anyway. And the prices for the accessories on this new kickstarter look pretty good.

GX.Sigma

Adventurer
Is there a minimum pledge level?

Are there shipping charges within the US?

If both of those are no, I'll totally throw down a few bucks for chests, tables, etc.

ced1106

Explorer
No minimum pledge level! I think it's covered in the FAQ at the bottom of the KS screen.
No shipping charges US.
[MENTION=9700]Steve[/MENTION]: At 10K stretch goal, they'll have torture equipment, including gallows. Fun for the whole family!

The WI KS dropped out of the KickTraq Top 10, so definitely spread the word!

Last edited:

Remove ads