• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Item Rarity and older books

whearp

First Post
I imagine this has been covered elsewhere, but I'm horrible at navigating forums.

Is there any consolidated resource adding the rarity system to the items from the older 4e books?

The consolidated errata does list the few items which are considered common. Everything else by default is uncommon. IIRC all rares are new items, but honestly I haven't looked at that list in a while. You can pretty much assume everything is uncommon and if you want a specific item to be easily craftable then make it common in your game. That works pretty well and honestly I suspect that is the general way this whole thing is working. I don't think they ever intended to go through and systematically rank every item. Most would be uncommon anyway. The main purpose is served, allowing the DM to manage item availability.

Just don´t worry.

Just assume everything you don´t want your players to have a lot of copies from is common. The rest is uncommon or even rare.

Last edited:

Mithreinmaethor

First Post
I imagine this has been covered elsewhere, but I'm horrible at navigating forums.

Is there any consolidated resource adding the rarity system to the items from the older 4e books?

Here is a LISTING of all of the Common Items. If you dont see it here then its either Uncommon most likely and Rare, well rarely.

Remove ads