• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Item Saving Throws

boolean

Explorer
shilsen said:
You're right. I'd forgotten about the minimum caster level, so the item's saves would be +4. Nice catch.

I don't think so. The caster level prerequisite for the feat isn't a minimum caster level for items made using that feat.

Otherwise, there wouldn't be any CL 1 wands of Cure Light Wounds, Magic Missile etc.

Ditch

First Post
According to the DMG 3.5 errata (info located at the front of the magic items section), when creating a magic item, the caster level is set by the creator at the time of creation. That is why you have wands at CL 1. Note that a wand cannot be set below a CL that would not be able to cast the spell.

I have no clue if this effects your argument vs. magic weapons and CL, but I thought it was important to point out. :)

frankthedm

First Post
Caster Level for Weapons
The caster level of a weapon with a special ability is given in the item description. For an item with only an enhancement bonus and no other abilities, the caster level is three times the enhancement bonus. If an item has both an enhancement bonus and a special ability, the higher of the two caster level requirements must be met.

Remove ads