• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

It's all about the 4dventures!

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
Welcome to the new edition of D&D - the very best ever.

1e was distinguished by its adventures
2e by its settings
3e by its rules.

In 4d, we go back to the very beginning, with a far better looking logo.

It's all about the 4dventure!

No more messing around with tons of rulebooks. No more searching for that one page reference. No, in 4d, we give you everything you want... in one book!

One player will buy a handy booklet that provides everything you need for hours (well minutes) of joyous entertainment! Character sheet - miniatures - dice - everything is provided in 4d.

Complete beginners and hardened veterans will all be on the same page! Rules knowledge will be completely irrelevant to your experience of playing the game, because

And there won't be just one available! No! Our trained technicians will bring you absolutely dozens of these complete-in-one-package deals, where you can visit the moon, get lost on Skull Island, or even delve into a dungeon filled with dragons!

D&D 4D. The shape of the future.

HeavenShallBurn

First Post
EDIT: Thank you!!!! Just a Joke, you had me worried their for a moment

Shortman if you were logged in you'd read
THIS

GLEEMAX ANNOUNCEMENT said:
"Hello All.

The announcement of 4th Edition is a pretty big event for all RPG fans. It's a huge event for all of us at Wizards of the Coast, including WotC staff and our WizO support team. We understand that this is something many of you are going to feel very passionate about in a number of ways.

We've created this forum for few reasons. We want everyone to have a single discussion forum where they can get answers and information directly from the D&D staff. We also want to prevent the other forums from being overwhelmed with 4E posts to the point that it drowns out any of the natural discussion in those areas. Additionally, I want to have a single forum where our community can post their hopes, fears, concerns, and dreams about 4E. This will make it easier for the D&D staff to read community feedback, and to (hopefully) provide a lot of answers to your questions.

The WizOs will be moderating this forum and others. They are acting on the direction of Wizards of the Coast, so if you're upset with their moderation, please don't take it out on the WizOs. Their goals will be clear: Keep 4th Edition discussion in the 4E forum. This might mean locking threads and/or moving posts.

If you have concerns, questions, or issues about the forum moderation taking place after the 4th Edition announcement, I've created a thread here where you may discuss your concerns.

Finally, please try to be respectful in your posts and comments. Be nice to other posters, the WizOs, and WotC staff. The WizOs will be enforcing all Code of Conduct rules on all forums as usual.

If you have any suggestions or ideas on how I can do a better job of helping to facilitate communication between the D&D Staff and the Community, I've created a thread here.

Thanks!
-Mike"

Wow! :eek: :eek: :eek:

4th Edition really is here. I was expecting that it would come soon, but I thought that D&D XP next year might be the announcement.

Do you think that Mike posted this a little early since there hasn't been an official announcement yet?

Olaf the Stout (still stunned)

Bacris

First Post
Shortman McLeod said:
OHMIGOD! "You are not logged in or do not have permission to access this page"!!!!

You're right--the end is nigh!

Not sure why you can't see it. I see a forum of about 20 threads started by Gamer_Zer0, who has the "Wizards of the Coast" staff icon, "Community Liaison" user title, and a signature of "Mike Lescault, Online Communities Manager"

I'm not sure if Wizards would do this as a practical joke when it's NOT april 1st...

ColonelHardisson

What? Me Worry?
Olaf the Stout said:
Wow! :eek: :eek: :eek:

4th Edition really is here. I was expecting that it would come soon, but I thought that D&D XP next year might be the announcement.

Do you think that Mike posted this a little early since there hasn't been an official announcement yet?

Olaf the Stout (still stunned)

Probably posted to coincide with the end of the meeting that Morrus and the third party publishers were invited to with WotC. I reckon they figured the cat would be out of the bag then, or at least when the first guy was able to get online.

Remove ads