D&D 5E Iuz the old 5e conversion.

Love it! Anything from Greyhawk is OK with me! Good job on the conversion. I'd love to hear your thoughts as to why you chose the specific spells you did. Nothing wrong with them. Just curious.

More or less the same ones he had in his 1e/2e statblock. Plus his death domain spells.

Pauln6

Hero
Excellent contribution. The only thing I would change is his strength. In 1e 21 was frost giant strength so it might be an idea to up his strength to something comparable in 5e.

dave2008

Legend
Very Cool MonsterEnvy. I did a quick check with the DMG and I came up with CR of 22 (defensive 21 and attack 23). Please note that I didn't check that against the spells you selected it based on using the greatsword 5 times (highest to hit and damage).

Also, would you mind if a used this over on my epic monster updates thread? I would revise him to follow my guidelines, but provide credit to you as the originator (if you want).

Very Cool MonsterEnvy. I did a quick check with the DMG and I came up with CR of 22 (defensive 21 and attack 23). Please note that I didn't check that against the spells you selected it based on using the greatsword 5 times (highest to hit and damage).

Also, would you mind if a used this over on my epic monster updates thread? I would revise him to follow my guidelines, but provide credit to you as the originator (if you want).

I have no problem with Iuz being over there.

Coroc

Hero
Make his weapon vorpal or wounding eventually, but other than that I might steal it for my campaign.
But maybe Iuz should really be CR30, I mean he is a demigod who can grant spells to a priesthood, since using older editions lore demigods do not have avatars, you should make him stronger,
ah but I forgot, he is technically a demigod but counts as a lesser god ranking wise on Oerth since Oerth counts as his homeplane.

I use this last bit in my campaign to justify why intermediate gods cannot cancel Iuz actions (they are not on their homeplane but Iuz is)

Rule of thumb: a monster typically does enough damage in one round to knock out a medium-to-low-hp hero with level equal to the monster's CR. So if you have a CR 25 monster, he should do about 25 dice of damage in a round. Make that three greatsword attacks, or two sword attacks and a spell.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases