Gate Pass Gazette January's GPG Articles

Savannah Broadway

Managing the Gate Pass Gazette
1703029701724.jpeg

Here's a look at what's coming up next!

Mighty Mini Mounted Martials: Archetypes for Small-Size Riders
These disciplines are the means of mundane warriors of smaller stature to make use of mounts that larger adventurers are unable to ride. Gnomes, halflings, and other short folk head into battle atop these beasts to coast through the water, scale shear walls, soar across the sky, or tunnel beneath the earth! By Mike Myler.

One-on-One: Mechanics for Duels and Single Combat
Adventurers fighting hordes of undead, groups of bandits, and various collections of dangerous wildlife are classic scenes in the fantasy landscape. However, there is nothing quite like the feeling of engaging another combatant one-on-one, using everything at one’s disposal to come out on top. The stories that tell of brave knights, cunning duelists, and brash brawlers that made their name during a legendary duel are many. Now, the following mechanics can help new characters cement their name in legend just the same. By Tyler R Lee.

Cultural Gear: Not All Who Wander Are Lost
The next installment of the Cultural Gear articles that started with “Well Equipped: Cultural Gear” in Gate Pass Gazette Issue #19, this collection of equipment is tied to the unique concerns and needs of people groups that live on the move: the Caravanner, Circusfolk, Itinerant, and Nomad cultures. Their gear tends to be portable, sturdy, and shielded from the elements. By Peter N Martin.

Shadows of the Self: The Shadowcast Heritage
A dark mirror of the Material Plane, the Bleak Gate is often perceived as a terrifying, lifeless place dominated by the cursed, the exiled, and the undead. But among the abandoned ruins and the tormented whispers there exist the people known as the shadowcasts, reflections of sapient creatures on the Material Plane. While their “counterparts” (as they are called) are completely ignorant of their existence, shadowcasts are aware of their extraplanar twins on a basic level. Most elect to ignore them out of fear of driving themselves mad with crises of identity, but a few journey out from the Bleak Gate in search of their counterparts—for good or ill. By Jessy Mullins.

Selganor

Adventurer
I was just about to ask if this heading came from a certain theme song. Seems I don't have to ask anymore.

Our Gnome Beastmaster with a giant spider might be happy about that (if the Narrator allows him to change his archetype)

Mike Myler

Have you been to LevelUp5E.com yet?
The high point of my TMNT-ing was when Burger King was giving out VHS tapes of the cartoon series. I've checked out some of the more recent iterations and there are always some good things going on, but none of them gripped me like the original run.

I have watched the original 1987 TMNT cartoon series, the 2003 TMNT cartoon series and the 2012 TMNT cartoon series. I even tried watching the 1997 live-action TMNT series. 😋 I liked the 2003 one because it more or less followed the original TMNT graphic novels by Eastman and Laird. One element of the 2012 series that I happened to like was in 2012 episode 'Vision Quest' where each Turtle was associated with an element (Michelangelo - Wood/Air, Raphael-Fire, Donatello- Earth, Leonardo- Water). Another element from that series that I liked was when both Master Splinter and Leonardo performed hand seals (ala Naruto) in order to cast Cure Poison.

Remove ads