• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Jemal's Prisoners

Jemal

Adventurer
"I know you managed to defeat a mid-ranked Raiding party with no casualties, but that some of you were injured, and I know not all of you are Evil..
OH, Sorry I didn't get here in time to help, I just caught the end of the fight. I'm commonly sent by the council to greet newcomers and guide them to the city."
He stops for a moment and looks around, as if noticing the fort for the first time. "When did you get a chance to build a Fort, by the way?"

Shayuri

First Post
Mei-Ying slowly lowers her long-nailed hands as the newcomer proves less and less of a threat...in attitude at least. The energy dancing across her fingers subsides. She gives the stranger a quick bow.

"It was already here. You were not aware of it? So close to your city?"

She pulls herself to her full height, and despite her obvious weariness and the dust on her fine silk robes, despite the frayed hems from where they dragged on the rough ground as she ran, and the waxiness of her white makeup where sweat was starting to melt it...despite all that she managed to make a decent job of looking impressive and imperious (Cha 26 has to be good for -something- :)).

"I am Mei-Ying, the fatetwister. Daughter of the Celestial Imperial City; seat of the Jade Emperor's throne...though I have been denied my place there." She permits herself a small, humorless smile. "I have been offered...alternative arrangements here, for the time being."

"I'm sure you can imagine how...pleased...I am to accept. For now."

ethandrew

First Post
With a response to Celes on his lips, he halts his words at this apparent newcomer. He slowly makes his way toward the gathered weapons they took from the raiders. Having a finely crafted blade in his hands would have made all the difference in that last fight, at the least being able to keep his attackers a sword's length away.

When the odd man converses with the odd painted woman in this quick tongue, he relaxes a little and watches intently, not knowing what is being said.

Autumn

First Post
Celes blanches visibly at Xing'dao's speech. Her right hand returns to the handle of her sword and grips it hard, slowly relaxing as she deliberately calms herself down. The man is clearly a dangerous lunatic... but who's to say who he's linked to. It could be the poor soul Eoghan, or one of the two arcanists who both seem quite reasonable. It could be Celes herself. Gritting her teeth, she releases the hilt of her sword and returns her hand to her side, smoothing her flank.

The arrival of the newcomer puts her even more edge at first, but she relaxes considerably when Quill translates his words. She gives him a courteous bow. "Please excuse the rudeness of my companion," she says with a contemptuous glance in Xing'dao's direction. "He does not speak for us. You are welcome here. I am Celes, knight errant of... formerly of... the Argent Order of Verenia. And I, for one, am glad to see a friendly face here."

ethandrew

First Post
Eoghan looks between all the different players, at Celes' speech, which he understands, and Quill's constant translation. After a lull in chatter, he awkwardly thinks his thoughts to the winged-elf prisoner. Have you heard of a guide sent to greet newcomers such as he claims? Is he lying? Stalling us until another raiding party can attack? He shifts his weight on his feet and nonchalantly picks up a blade, balancing its weight in his hands as he keeps the exchange in his poriferal.

Jemal

Adventurer
*Quill wouldn't really know, the Guards don't keep that close tabs on what the prisoners are doing, so long as they aren't causing the guards trouble or coming too close to their forts*

ethandrew

First Post
Getting no clarification on Quill's end, would this oddly clad prisoner choose to attack, Eoghan would not want the warrior Celes and the odd painted woman to be the only ones on the receiving end. Brandishing his greatsword like a scepter, he approaches the odd man and bows, still bloodied from the last fight.

"Good day," he stands to his full height, his sword down by his side, gripped tightly by smooth, black gauntlets. "I am Ser Eoghan of Bendooragh. Am I curious, what counsil is this you speak of?"

[sblock=OOC]Incidentally, I found out if you typed in the color dark slate gray as Dark Gray Slate, it appears in this color. Interesting.[/sblock]

Jemal

Adventurer
"That would be the city council. I am from the great city of York, towards which I presume you were heading when the Raiders happened upon you."

*Also, could you guys post which language you're speaking when not talking to each other? I'm not going to automatically assume Quill reveals his telepathy to outsiders*

Remove ads