JollyDoc's Kingmaker-Updated 7/4/2011

Cromm10k

First Post
I loved every update of this SH. Well done, Mr. JollyDoc!

I'm looking forward to your Serpent's Skull SH and how the halforc gang will develop.

JollyDoc

Explorer
I loved every update of this SH. Well done, Mr. JollyDoc!

I'm looking forward to your Serpent's Skull SH and how the halforc gang will develop.

I like the way the story is developing so far. The PC's are so divergent, it creates for an interesting dynamic. They have absolutely no reason to trust nor work with each other than survival. Makes for great interplay.

Cromm10k

First Post
If you can make the group work with only survival as common goal: more power to you. We had this a couple of times and the campaigns never ended well. Lack of trust between characters paired with old interplayer grudges/rivalries killed the game.

Dax Thura

Explorer
I like how the characters' lives all just barely connect and none of them realize it. It's as if fate is trying its best to get them together.

JollyDoc

Explorer
If you can make the group work with only survival as common goal: more power to you. We had this a couple of times and the campaigns never ended well. Lack of trust between characters paired with old interplayer grudges/rivalries killed the game.

Well, that's our starting point. With any luck, they will form bonds, though with the self-centered natures of these particular PC's, they won't necessarily be bonds of deep friendship or love, unless it's a shared love of power and money.

Mr Haldol

First Post
Mox Character Sheets

300.fox.megan.091708.jpg

The name Mox was short for Megan Fox. I've added her picture to represent how I envision the queen in her little black dress.

To understand what happened in the final adventure, allow me to explain a bit. Mox's alignment changed from neutral good to true neutral when her consort Kane (a magus and father of Nessalin) was killed. Kane was killed by a Wall of Fire spell cast by Tungdel that brought both Kane and a gnomish ghost to their deaths. This trauma changed Mox's view of the world and she became something of a mother bear who saw Kardashia and her son as her cubs. From this point on, she worked to rule more as a dictator and less through the council. She tried to talk Selena into giving her the Eye which she was going to keep as a "just in case" weapon. Selena was reluctant and eventually was urged to take the Eye herself. Mox and Selena conspired to create the title of "the Duke of Pitax" and make sure Stephan was elected. They also voted to give the sword, Bryar, to Stephan over Davrim. With Stephan a respectable Duke, Mox then seduced him and bore him a fine son. Once Mox learned of the Torc, she planned on keeping it for herself to keep as a weapon to protect Kardashia. She anticipated that Velox and Davrim would object to her keeping it. Both Velox and Davrim had objected loudly to her creating and keeping the undead black dragons. Velox had also tried to destroy the Eye (striking it with his sword) as we discussed what to do with it.

This brings me to my OOC plans. Knowing that the next characters were going to be evil, I wanted to end the adventure with some conflict that might explain how Mox's son developed his convictions and personality. My plan was to set up Velox (who tried to destroy the evil Eye artifact) in a Harry Dresden style decision. I wanted Mox to obtain the torc and then tell everyone that she was keeping it. I theorized Velox would demand it be destroyed. Mox would then declare him a traitor and order him to lay down his arms to stand trial. He would refuse and a fight would ensue. However, things went better than expected. After the witch guardian died, an unknown power compelled Velox to become the new guardian of the torc and he was forced to attack Mox. Once he attacked Mox, it confirmed her fears of a traitor after her crown and she killed Velox with a quickened true strike + a maximized disintegration. His armor revived him with a breath of life but he was immediately struck down by Stephan. Once down, Mox finished him with a magic missle. After all, Mox was not known as a merciful queen... Just ask the previous King of Pitax. After that, Stephan became the new guardian and attacked Selena. Tungdel and Davrim attacked Mox and all hell broke loose.

I'm curious to know what people think of everyone's actions in the final outcome. Was Mox evil in killing Velox or was this self defense? Was it treason for Tungdel and Davrim to attack Mox immediately afterwards? Should Stevhan have defended his wife and Queen, remained neutral, or ally with Davrim and Tungdel?

Last edited:

Remove ads