JollyDoc's Savage Tide-Updated 10/8!

Tearlach

First Post
Very nice updates team.

Sorry I am away on hols and away from my books/pdf's etc. I can not recall where Final Rebuke is from. Could someone enlighten an old man? From memory was it pretty much a Finger of Death but on the will save rather than fort?

Hammerhead

Explorer
Tearlach said:
Very nice updates team.

Sorry I am away on hols and away from my books/pdf's etc. I can not recall where Final Rebuke is from. Could someone enlighten an old man? From memory was it pretty much a Finger of Death but on the will save rather than fort?

Spell Compendium, Level 7 Enchantment. Will save or die horribly; even if you make the save, you're still dazed for 1 round.

Joachim

First Post
Joe and I have just returned from Indianapolis and we have the following to report:

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=welcome/conventions/gencon07#13

That's right...we are Open champions yet again (I am on the far left, Jollydoc is right next to me). The website is incorrect...it's actually not 3 in a row as we had a second place finish amongst the three first place finishes, but it's always great to see your face grinning like a jackass on one of your hobby's main websites. Apparently, they are going to post more about it later, but having my picture on there is cool enough for me at this moment.

The final round went INCREDIBLY smoothly, and we were thrilled with our performance. We kind of lucked our way through the first puzzle room, but after that we proceeded to bring the beat-down to rest of the module.

The majority of our prizes this year are somewhat delayed...first, we were given acrylic trophies (shown on the picture on Wizard's website), and then we will be shipped every 4th edition roleplaying product that WotC produces in 2008, as it is released. This would include all of the core books, campaign books, modules, dungeon tiles, etc. Also, we are are given the opportunity to be playtesters for 4th edition, starting in a few weeks (which, I believe by extension will make everyone in our Sunday night group playtesters).

No gold-embossed PHB for the trophy rack this year, but we were STOKED nonetheless when they called our name out.

Last edited:

JollyDoc

Explorer
I'll just echo Joachim's statements, in that it was a very exciting GenCon, and Open in particular, and we were thrilled and honored to add another 1st place win to our resumes. Joachim (Rich) calculated that our 4 top two wins in a competition comprising 600 teams over four years places our accomplishment in the top 0.67 percentile! Also, these four wins have comprised the entirety of 3.5 rules being used in the Open. We OWN 3.5!! Forgive the hubris. It's all a bit overwhelming still. I'm sure we'll be brought back down to earth soon, most likely by our wives giving us a pat on the head and a patronizing, "That's nice dear."

Quartz

Hero
Joachim said:
Also, we are are given the opportunity to be playtesters for 4th edition, starting in a few weeks (which, I believe by extension will make everyone in our Sunday night group playtesters).

Well done - in my previous message I forbore from breaking the news though it was up. I hope you can work out some sort of agreement with them to continue writing up your Story Hours while you're testing 4E - it will be good publicity.

Joachim

First Post
JollyDoc said:
Joachim (Rich) calculated that our 4 top two wins in a competition comprising 600 teams over four years places our accomplishment in the top 0.67 percentile!

That was 0.67 percentile for each year considering an average of 150 teams each year, and that number has been rising each year (this year we calculated that there were about 180 teams).

Last edited:

Remove ads