• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

JollyDoc's Savage Tide-Updated 10/8!

javcs

First Post
'Moo'?!
:lol: I'll have to use that sometime.

Oh, something that's been bugging me - why barbarian 2 for Tower Cleaver?
I've been making a similar build, and I'm not sure why Barbarian 2, barb 1, certainly is understandable, but, not barb 2.

Joachim said:
Just to give you an idea of what the JD is up against, here is Mandi as she sails the Sea Wyvern into the start of Wells of Darkness
Thanks for the build, Joachim. I just hope you mean "Into the Maw" instead of "Wells of Darkness" - you might need a level or two until then...

Is the rest of the party about 17th level as well?

Joachim

First Post
Neverwinter Knight said:
Thanks for the build, Joachim. I just hope you mean "Into the Maw" instead of "Wells of Darkness" - you might need a level or two until then...

Is the rest of the party about 17th level as well?

Oops...fixed. Four of the party members are right at 17th, and two are near the midpoint of 16th. Sepoto may actually be ECL 18 (with his +1 from Goliath), and I believe that TC may have 16 HD.

JollyDoc

Explorer
SUNDAY NIGHT TEASER

1) The Legion and the Sea Wyvern set sail for the Abyss...unbeknownst to the crew of the Sea Wyvern!! Hilarity ensues!

2) The first inhabitants of the Abyss that the Legion encounters prove to be more ally than enemy, and the company finds that anything can be had...for a price.

3) Mandi successfully pilots the ship across the Abyssian Ocean to the waters of Gaping Maw, where she and her companions encounter a strange vessel and aid a damned soul...sort of.

4) The ship reaches the prison of Divided's Ire, a prison where Lavinia is rumored to be held. Never ones for subtlety, the group blasts a hole in the roof and goes in guns blazing!!

Aracase

Explorer
javcs said:
Oh, something that's been bugging me - why barbarian 2 for Tower Cleaver?
I've been making a similar build, and I'm not sure why Barbarian 2, barb 1, certainly is understandable, but, not barb 2.
It just made things easy/simple. TC is Minotaur 8 (6HD, 2 ECL), Barb 2 and Warhulk 7, with plans to take the last 3 Warhulk PrC levels. 8+2+10 = 20 :p

As Joachim said in an earlier post, TC has a sense of purpose, and too many classes just muddle up the fact that all he does is kill stuff, violently. :]

Joachim

First Post
Aracase said:
As Joachim said in an earlier post, TC has a sense of purpose, and too many classes just muddle up the fact that all he does is kill stuff, violently. :]

Yes...and he makes a wonderful foil for Mandi.

Tower Cleaver and Mandi are as much a match as peanut butter and jelly

Last edited:

JollyDoc

Explorer
cthulhudarren said:
I'd just like to thank JollyDoc & Co for this thread. It is great fun to read and see a party going thru the Savage Tide.

Great work, peeps!

You're very welcome! We appreciate our readership as well. We are having a blast with Savage Tide, and now that the group has made it to the Abyss, things should really kick into high gear!!

Remove ads