• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Jonesing for some New Star Wars

Remus Lupin

Adventurer
I know WOTC has been all busy with this 4th Edition thing they've got going on, and I know that the KOTOR sourcebook is due out in a few weeks, but I am SERIOUSLY jonesing for some new Star Wars content.

Anybody else? Anybody know where I can score some? I'm tellin' ya! It's starting to hurt!

drothgery

First Post
There's a thread on WotC's boards at http://forums.gleemax.com/showpost.php?p=15582064&postcount=1 that keeps upcoming products pretty accurately.

The next two are...

KotOR Campaign Guide is next week (Aug 19), covering the era of the video games, KotOR comics, and Tales of the Jedi comics.

Force Unleashed Campaign Guide is next month (Sep 16), covering its namesake video game (also coming next month) and the 'Dark Times' era between the prequels and the original trilogy.

Also, the first six Dawn of Defiance adventures and lots of smaller snippets of content are up on WotC's web site.

I'm definitely glad we're getting some new stuff so quickly together. I do wish we'd get a good Alien Anthology, though. Those were always my favourite and most-used books from the previous editions and I'm not a fan of converting if I don't have to.

drothgery

First Post
I'm definitely glad we're getting some new stuff so quickly together. I do wish we'd get a good Alien Anthology, though. Those were always my favourite and most-used books from the previous editions and I'm not a fan of converting if I don't have to.

Rodney's said The Plan (tm) is to have a book every 2-3 months once they got going. Though the saga of delays in the Force Unleashed video game played havoc with that late last year and early this year.

Still, this year we get two era books (KotOR and Force Unleashed), a class book (Scum and Villainy), and two general books (Starships of the Galaxy and Threats of the Galaxy). Next year is starting off with another two era books (Clone Wars and Legacy), but we don't know what's on the summer or fall schedule yet.

My guess on the future plans are

Era books: NJO and the Rebellion era the major ones left (Clone Wars should cover the prequel era well enough), though they might do something in the time between KotOR and the prequels.

Class books: It's easy to see follow-ons to Scum and Villainy for scouts, soldiers, nobles, and Jedi.

Generalist books: The obvious ones here are your aliens book and an arms and equipment guide.

Yeah, I do like how they're doing things...and if there's one man I trust with Star Wars stuff, its the Rodney. I've always loved his stuff.

While I'm missing having an alien book, it definitely is early for the game. And hey, we get two new era books. One of which we haven't really had since the d6 days(KotOR) and another for a 'new' era. And I'm definitely looking forward to the Legacy book. So there's enough to tide me over and keep me happy. :)

Remus Lupin

Adventurer
KOTOR and Legacy are the two I'm looking forward to. Force unleashed? Eh. I might get it, but the other two are definite must-haves.

drothgery

First Post
Are they planning a race book and a tech book?

Nothing has been announced. I think it's likely, though if the KotOR book is common for 'era' books, they might not; the KotOR Campaign Guide has 11 species in it (plus rules for playing an HK droid), and if the other 3 have something close to that as well than you've got over 40 new species (and then you're scraping the bottom of the barrel for species book). But it seems to me that Clone Wars (prequel era) and Force Unleashed (Dark Times/between the trilogies era) are in eras pretty well covered by the core species, so there might only be one or two new ones in those books.

Are they planning a race book and a tech book?
Rate they seem to be going, they may not really need a dedicated race book like UAA back for the RCR.

As for a tech book... I'm personally hoping not, as the Arms & Equipment Guide proved to be more of a bane than a boon to my games, especially as Star Wars in general isn't about getting whatever gear provides the most benefit; just because three or for different corporations make blaster pistols doesn't mean we need three or four different sets of stats for blaster pistols.

But I know that a lot of others enjoyed that book and all the toys it offered, so we may well see something like that in the future, though probably not until mid-2009 at the earliest.

Remove ads