Journal of Daebron Stormbringer

Warpriest2002

First Post
Madd, You are off to an excellent start. This group is one of the more exciting that I have been a part of for quite a while. Keep on kickin' butt.

maddman75

First Post
Thanks WP2k2. Like I told Crystalblue, updates wednesday and sunday. We need to get her or my sister to do some character sketches so we can get some PC banners made up - see the Knights of Spellforge Keep storyhour to see what I'm talking about.

(Warpriest2002 plays the drow elf)

maddman75

First Post
We got camp set up and introductions went around. The sorcerer was Ian, a friendly enough sort, but something wasn't right about his eyes. I warned him against catching us in his sleep spells, as it could prove disastrous should an ally fall and a foe resist. He seemed inexperienced, but certainly powerful. He had overcome my natural resistances to magic after all.

The barbarian sisters were indeed twins, Etta and Gretta. Their tribe had been heavily assaulted by the orc armies and were looking for some payback. Heh - now these lasses were the sort I need around.

The halfling was Eldan, but he didn't say anything about his background. I'd guess that it was long and bloody. The drow said his name was Colson Sel'yrth. Damn devils don't even know how to put letters together properly!

We built up a fire and put the townsfolk closest to it. Jacq shook me awake a couple hours before dawn. "Daebron - I hear orcs outside the camp." I told him to wake the party...

Last edited:

Bob Aberton

First Post
You've got the beginnings of a great storyhour here, maddman75.

My favorite character so far is the halfling - no offense to Daebron, but crazy Little People are just so cool...

Twins are always fun, two (pun intended). My game has a pair of twins two (typo there, but it looked so funny I kept it the way it was...).

Speaking of my game, my storyhour's just been updated. You might want to take a look-see.

(I believe you already visited my storyhour once, right?)

Bob Aberton

First Post
Thanks, maddman...

But I could make more use of a friendly *BUMP*...my storyhour's falling faster than...something

(puts nickel in his piggybank, joining the thousands of others gained the same way.)

maddman75

First Post
Apologies for the delay. Its been a busy week. We are getting ready for my Ravenloft game, which Warlord said he may do a story hour on himself. I hope so, because I've got some great ideas.

Well, enough of that - here's your update.

----------------------------------------------------
I got up, grabbed me shield and axe. The others roused as well. Jacq went off in one direction, Eldan went in the other. We hear a brief scuffle, and a huge orc comes out of the darkness, holding a dagger to the halfling's throat. "Surrender" he said in rough common. Several of his buddies come out at the same time. They had us surrounded.

The drow steped forward. "I suggest you stand down." The orc looked confused.

"Why you with these guys?"

Colson gestured toward Ian. "They have a powerful wizard amoung them. He has bent me to his will. You'd best not anger him."

"Why you on surface?" The orc demanded in undercommon.

"I was seeking Thar to negotiate between our people. Not something I expect a dog like you to know something about!"

"But....drow elfs already work with Thar! Why you not know that?"

Ian took the drow's hesitation as a sign to act. He uttered the words to his sleep spell. One of the guards fell over, but the cheiftan resisted. Luckily, Eldan fell under his spell and slipped away from the orc's dagger.

The rest of us sprang into action. One of the barbarian sisters chopped an orc down. Jacq made short work of another one. He then made a gesture and pulled his glowing lights into the camp. It let the humans see better and hindered the orcs, though the drow was stunned.

I swung my axe into the leader, biting deeply into his shoulder. He tossed the halfling into me and moved over to the drow. Greta moved in to defend the drow from the leader.

On the other side of the camp, one of the orcs lunged at Ian, his grubby claws narrowly missing the sorcerer's body. He was well trained, and obviously knew that wizards were helpless if you wrestled them to the ground. He took a step back and chanted again, making the orc doze off. Etta was struggling with an orc, swinging his axe like a madman. Jacquebeau moved in with his sword to help her out.

The drow managed to get the sparkles out of his eyes. He took a step back and flung a couple daggers into the leader. Greta followed up with a powerful swing, removing the leader's head from his body.

Etta finally gets a good hit in and drops the orc guard to the ground. There is only one left. Jacq turns to him and points his scabbard at him. He aims and pushes a small button. His wooden, steel tipped scabbard shot off his belt and flew twenty feet to the remaining orc, burying itself in its neck.

We finally get the orcs out of the camp and do a quit scouting to make sure there weren't any more. The townsfolk were shaken, but no one got hurt. After getting some rest, we set out for the refugee camp at dawn.

We were just a few hours from the camp when we heard some rustling in the brush. It wasn't loud, possibly a rabbit or something. But it turned out to be a fair bit larger. An owlbear came rushing out from its hiding place, a horrible screech coming from his blood stained beak.

Remove ads