Journal of the Traveling Gnome

JesterPoet

First Post
6/13
Today has been a day I will never forget. Filled with ups and downs.

As we decided last night, we got up in the morning and began to open the tomb. Ian and I helped Gigantor as he shoved one prong of the grapling hook under the rusted iron latches on the tomb and one by one broke them off.

We were excited to push the lid off the tomb, but as soon as we did, we knew we were in trouble.

Inside the tomb was the dragon priest, who lazily began brushing dust off of his ugly face.

"Fire!" I shouted. "Fire! Get me the torches!" Banf ripped a torch off a sconce in the wall and threw it into the tomb with the Priest, whose dry clothing immediately caught fire.

"Keep the torches coming!" Shouted Banf. I alone among our companions was aware of the sudden need for fire. The priest was weakened and therefore easier to subdue, years of rest in a tomb had dried him out. He burned easily

The priest slid out of his tomb and began putting himself out. He stood up in front of me and Ian, trapping us both. Neither of us could move without him hitting us with his long arms.

I could hear Banf move in behind him. Luckily, the fiend was too busy brushing away the flames to notice. As the Dragon Priest tried to claw and bite Ian (who skillfully dodged his advances) Gigantor hefted his two-bladed sword over his head and slashed twice at the beast. It roared in agony as Banf drove the sword home.

I attempted to get a shot in with my crossbow, but pinned against the wall there wasn't much I could do. My shot flew wide.

Then, again, Banf drove his sword into the beast, sending it crashing to the floor. Ellywick ran over to see what she could do. She kept the beast down while banf set him on fire again.

They kept the priest burning as I looked into the tomb. We took what we could, made sure the priest was completely burned, and left the tomb.

The rest of our day, however, did not go so well. There is not much to tell. As I write this we are 6 hours into a dingy tunnel that seems to be leading nowhere. For now, we rest here. Tomorrow we will turn back.

Last edited:

JesterPoet

First Post
6/14
The day has been long.

After a 6 hour trek back through a dingy tunnel we decided to try things Banf's way. I am fed up with the goblin scum, so now we will show them who is really the boss.

We easily dispatched the goblins barricaded behind the caltrops. They dropped easily to a sleep spell. Rather than try for stealth, we let Banf charge around the next corner and jump over the little wall protecting the goblins there. Yet again, they fell with no difficulty, as did their fellow scum, who came through a nearby door to aid them.

But again, we are tired. We have travelled a long distance today, and navigating that tunnel was no easy taks for Gigantor. We have fallen back to a more defensible position, and will rest again.

Until tomorrow!

Remove ads