• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Level Up (A5E) Journeying Rules

G

Guest 6786798

The kickstarter campaign says the Adventurer's Guide contains "Full rules for combat and adventuring!". I can't seem to find the Journeying rules, however. Journeying is part of adventuring. What gives? 600 pages and the promised adventuring rules aren't included?

The Journey rules are covered in Trials and Treasure. The screenshots of the tables of contents of both AG and T&T showed what is in each book. Here's a screenshot from the kickstarter page describing T&T:

1637636922173.png

tetrasodium

Legend
Supporter
Epic
The kickstarter campaign says the Adventurer's Guide contains "Full rules for combat and adventuring!". I can't seem to find the Journeying rules, however. Journeying is part of adventuring. What gives? 600 pages and the promised adventuring rules aren't included?
the AG has parts on it, but Trials & Treasures has a much more involved 100+ pages or so that center around that

G

Guest 6786798

After reading about the journeying rules and seeing the above sentence, I purchased the Adventurer's Guide. Why would I look any further? It's a shame a 600 page core rulebook wouldn't have the core rules in it. Guess I'll move along... Thanks for the replies.

Waller

Legend
You know where the journey rules are. You (or your twin TheLink484) asked this question 4 days ago on the Kickstarter page, were answered, and have been involved publicly in this exact same conversation there for 4 days with both Morrus and with other backers. So the question has been asked and answered, and you have acknowledged that reply. I’m slightly confused why you’re today suddenly pretending otherwise here, as though we here can't see you on the Kickstarter page. This feels disingenuous at best.

AB525B76-D82A-47F1-BB75-F7CC4C39B3A6.jpeg

3DBBA79F-48C8-4653-B9E5-3640D7F09DC6.jpeg

A8E4A36F-AF1F-402F-89EA-246C90743DC0.jpeg

Last edited:

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
This is from the main page of the Kickstarter:
Core set. The core set consists of three books -- the Adventurer's Guide (characters, and the core rules), Trials & Treasure (magic items, exploration and journeys, and gamemastery), and the Monstrous Menagerie (monsters!)
It seems quite clear to me that exploration and journeys are in T&T. One may disagree about how the content was partitioned, but it was explicit right from the start.

G

Guest 6786798

You know where the journey rules are. You (or your twin TheLink484) asked this question 4 days ago on the Kickstarter page, were answered, and have been involved publicly in this exact same conversation there for 4 days with both Morrus and with other backers. So the question has been asked and answered, and you have acknowledged that reply. I’m slightly confused why you’re today suddenly pretending otherwise here, as though we here can't see you on the Kickstarter page. This feels disingenuous at best.

View attachment 147128
View attachment 147129
View attachment 147130
It never hurts to use multiple sources to get the information and thoughts from the fan base. I appreciate your thoughts on the subject, however.

Vampersan

Explorer
It never hurts to use multiple sources to get the information and thoughts from the fan base. I appreciate your thoughts on the subject, however.
Well, putting everything else aside, it would seem that Morrus made a good-faith attempt to rectify your disappointment with an equitable solution, whereby his team would alter your pledge from the Adventurer's Guide to the Trials & Treasures core book.

Rather than accept this solution, however, you responded with a couple of falsehoods grounded in assumptions you made (that "adventuring" means "journey", and that the Trials & Treasures book is somehow "not" part of the "core rules"), all of this couched in the insinuation that the company is deliberately trying to deceive you. Additionally, this is ostensibly offered as "feedback", when in reality it comes across as very backhanded and passive-aggressive.

At this point, it would be appropriate to either accept the solution offered by the design team, or move on. Coming to the official forum feigning ignorance about the Journey rules when it's apparent you're more likely looking for validation of your incorrect assertions is, perhaps, not the best use of anyone's time.

Remove ads