Jousting

EugeneZ

First Post
Unless I'm going crazy, I can't find the unique NPCs described in the Jousting section of Act 5 of The Mad King's Banquet. I could stop being lazy and develop them myself but if someone at EnWorld has them I'm sure a lot of Banquet DMs will be pleased to see them. :)

Eccles

Ragged idiot in a trilby.
We've literally just played this, and I swear our GM was flipping to the back of the book to look at something!

EugeneZ

First Post
Yeah! He was looking for the NPCs named in the section, but they are nowhere to be found! :D He, like me, likely made up the challenge on the fly. Oh well, gotta keep on your toes, I suppose...

Eccles

Ragged idiot in a trilby.
I'm not too sure that he was. (a) he's the publisher of the module, and (b) he was definitely referring to some column or another.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Yep, they were missing. I simply used the stat blocks for Steppengard Infantry, Steppengard Knight, Steppengard Commander and a modified version of Konigsmarshal Malkan for Silvio. Not ideal, but it worked. We'll get an update with the correct stats out ASAP.

EugeneZ

First Post
I ended up kind of making up a skill challenge on the fly that involved having a few seconds to judge your opponent (Insight, Perception) then the charge had two rolls: on in which the PCs could figure out a way to dodge the attack (Athletics, Endurance, Acrobatics) and a set Atheletics roll for the attack. I actually think it worked out well, based on my extremely limited understanding of jousting. All the PCs who were not very Athletic did well at observing their opponents and dodging, but couldn't actually unhorse their opponents. Since they're not trained in Athletics and presumably never jousted before, it kinda makes sense...

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I've whipped this PDF together. Apologies for the crappy image resolution - it was done very quickly, but it should serve in a pinch. This PDF replaces the jousting section in the book, and includes full stats for the jousters plus a new, exciting prize for the winner!

Last edited:

Remove ads