Julian Sands is Missing

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
When I first saw the story, I was concerned, but not overly so.

Then I found out it’s been about a week, and the weather conditions have been bad enough that S&R teams were withdrawn from the ground search- it’s now exclusively an air search at this point.☹️

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
When I first saw the story, I was concerned, but not overly so.

Then I found out it’s been about a week, and the weather conditions have been bad enough that S&R teams were withdrawn from the ground search- it’s now exclusively an air search at this point.☹️
Yes, it doesn't look good unfortunately. Let's hope for the best!

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
The San Bernardino and San Gabriel Mountains seem very friendly to the hiking-crazy residents of Southern California. They're an omnipresent background (well, on clear days) and don't look that tall. But if there's any sort of weather at all -- rain, snow, wildfire, extreme heat -- people die.

It's extremely common for people to go hiking solo or with only clothes suited for warm weather, both of which can be fatal mistakes.

Last edited:

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Apparently he is a very experienced hiker, but word is that Mt. Baldy is particularly treacherous in poor weather.
Yes. It kills several people each year, especially when the day looks good at the start, but bad weather blows in late in the day, when people who underestimated how long it'd take to get down are trapped up there without proper gear and probably failing cell phone batteries.

Remove ads