D&D 5E June 20 Q&A Legendary Creature Questions

I'm A Banana

Potassium-Rich
Just what the article says: it's for unique, significant creatures, there's an XP breakdown including the lair vs. just alone, artifacts can play into it.

I didn't specify them because I was pretty sure a lot of people had those suspicions.

But regardless, my posts are totally worth stalking. ;)

Truename

First Post
I don't give a crap about XP, have not used it for many, many years, love the rest of it.

In 4e, XP is used very effectively as a tool for determining encounter difficulty, even if you don't track XP for character advancement. I believe they're doing the same thing with Next.

Weather Report

Banned
Banned
I hope he does. The first version released badly needs a legendary treatment.

Yes, this will stop a lot of the crapola, I mean, even if you get Assy one-on-one; though, that is highly unlikely, due to, say the least, I think, Alastor and Phongor (+summonings, etc), might have something to say.

Ed_Laprade

Adventurer
Why yes, Medusa should break the rules. She should be a one-shot kill, just as she was in the legends! I really don't understand why so many people complain about one-shotting a boss monster when that's a perfectly acceptable way for the heroes of legend to end such a fight. Not all the time, of course, but once in a while it makes the players feel like their characters really are heroes! And that's part of what makes the game fun... isn't it?

Remove ads