• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Jungle Troll Balanced? (Non Revised Version)

iwatt

First Post
My GM just got his hands on the original d20 World of Warcraft RPG. I don't think he's willing at this point to shell out the cash for the revised edition.

So when checking the Alliance and Horde compendium , the Jungle Troll seems quite unbalanced: +4 Str +4 Con -2 Int and -2 Cha plus fast healing 1 all for a measly +1LA? I've tried searching for errata, but all I get is stuff for the new versions. Was this fixed somewere?

arscott

First Post
(properly, the original verion is just the WarCraft RPG. World of Warcraft RPG is the revised version)

No, it isn't balanced. There was a rough-draft version that was more in keeping with a +1 LA race, but it got scrapped in favor of something that mirrored the Troll monster entry from the MoM. At one point, one of the authors posted the rough draft on the WCRPG message boards, so you might find that floating around somewhere.

The troll wasn't the only race with problems, and many of them have been heavily revised in the WoW RPG to use racial class levels (like in Arcana Unearthed).

Deekin

Adventurer
Balanced? :lol: NOTHING in the orignal Warcraft RPG was blanced. Obviosly you havn't looked at the Tinker rules yet. I killed the lich king at 7th level with a Tinker,

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads