• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Just posting to make you all jealous, I HAVE THEM

Lurker37

Explorer
Rzach said:
Jail cells can hold Eladrins if the doors are solid and there is no way an Eladrin can see outside the cell. Teleport requires line of sight.

What about underground cells? Doesn't there have to be free space to walk through in the Feywild for the teleport to work, so Eladrin will not be able to teleport out of a traditional excavated sub-basement dungeon cell?

baberg

First Post
Lurker37 said:
What about underground cells? Doesn't there have to be free space to walk through in the Feywild for the teleport to work, so Eladrin will not be able to teleport out of a traditional excavated sub-basement dungeon cell?
There's no crunch to support that. Fey Step says "Teleport up to 5 squares" and then refers to the page for Teleport, which says "Unless a power or ritual specifies otherwise..." and then goes on to list that you must have LOS but not necessarily Line of Effect, can't move into an opposing square, and that you "disappear from the space you occupy and immediately appear in a new space you choose."

There's always Rule 0, but as a DM who is starting his PCs out in a dungeon cell, this is a bit problematic. Or not - at least I know they'll get out.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Lurker37 said:

Personally, I've been actually describing what my Eladrin player sees while he's in the feywild. I have yet to actually stop him from pulling off the teleport in this way, but there was one time where he had to run down the stairs in front of a Formorian King yelling "Guards! Get that %&#& Eladrin!"

Fitz

hong

WotC's bitch
baberg said:
There's always Rule 0, but as a DM who is starting his PCs out in a dungeon cell, this is a bit problematic. Or not - at least I know they'll get out.

I'm planning to start my first 4E game with the PCs in jail, BECAUSE I know the eladrin can get out. It's all about providing opportunities to showboat.

Just like I'd throw lots of fireballs at the party, if a tiefling is present. These abilities are about accentuating the fact that tieflings and eladrin are not like normal people.

markusdark said:
So, the 'official' pdf's of the books aren't out yet but apparently someone leaked the 'final copy' pdf's that were sent to the printers. I know, I have seen them.

As for the hard copies - they have been sent. Here's a photo of one guy with them (the black box is to remove 'inappropriate content' aka - giving the bird).

booksuy8.jpg
Another photo of a guy with the books and lacking a shoulder (conveniently hidden by a black box)? What's wrong with 4E?

arscott

First Post
hong said:
I'm planning to start my first 4E game with the PCs in jail, BECAUSE I know the eladrin can get out. It's all about providing opportunities to showboat.

Just like I'd throw lots of fireballs at the party, if a tiefling is present. These abilities are about accentuating the fact that tieflings and eladrin are not like normal people.
Totally. I did the same thing with the 4e preview game I've been running. Both sessions went great so far--in one, the eladrin escaped with fey-step, and in the other, the wizard used mage hand to open the doors from outside.

DSRilk

First Post
At no time during my life on this planet did my parents ever sit me down and say, "Son, remember, life will be fair.

Excepting, that as a parent, I do teach my kids that they should try to make it a more fair place.

IMO, everyone asking questions is helping enable this kind of behavior. Yes, some people will still download, and some people were just lucky, but asking questions is just going to help drive more people to "be the cool guy with the answers." It's similar to one of those "if no one took drugs, there would be no drug dealers" types of things. Just a thought I wanted to toss out there.

So what would make this whole thing more fair? Good question - life's a complicated mess.

Daniel D. Fox

Explorer
My Buy.com shipment will arrive today! I did 1 day turnaround for shipping, and received the notice this morning by email.

Cancel your Amazon order - go to buy.com!

DerekSTheRed

Explorer
Moniker said:
My Buy.com shipment will arrive today! I did 1 day turnaround for shipping, and received the notice this morning by email.

Cancel your Amazon order - go to buy.com!

Or you can wait 10 days. There's something to be said for delayed gratification. Especially if delaying means supporting my FLGS which is the case for me.

Derek

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads