D&D 5E Justin Alexander's review of Shattered Obelisk is pretty scathing

Status
Not open for further replies.

darjr

I crit!
To me the big loss is that this book could have been a celebration of that adventure. The rest of it could have included the other box set and ways to tie it into the other 5e adventures.

New and old. Maybe include new NPCs and a bit about the place may have changed after the other 5e adventures.

Especially if it leaned in hard as a tutorial book. The thing you get after the new starter set.

Would have went well with the end of 2014 run.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
To me the big loss is that this book could have been a celebration of that adventure. The rest of it could have included the other box set and ways to tie it into the other 5e adventures.

New and old. Maybe include new NPCs and a bit about the place may have changed after the other 5e adventures.

Especially if it leaned in hard as a tutorial book. The thing you get after the new starter set.

Would have went well with the end of 2014 run.
Yeah, that's the crazy thing: there is plenty of actual issues to critique in this book, and it is fairly pedestrian, which given the prenise us a shame. But "OMG, people will get lost in this room," "why are there Hydra's in underground water systems"...?

Scribe

Legend
But I know what this thread would have been instead “cheap cash grab” or “lazy rehash” or “I have them already, what’s in it for me?”

To a degree you are right. I think your concept is valid however.

Those same words were thrown around with MotM, because, well the hyper engaged do have the content already, just the way it goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads