Kalanyr vs Kazz't ((Grand)Master Judge requested)

Kalanyr

Explorer
I was offline for a few minutes cause my grandmother wanted to make a phonecall, I would've used Purity of Focus otherwise. Can I?

Good question. Let's use one of our lifelines and call a master judge. :)

I acted on precedence from YB1 where the PoF-intervention IIRC had to be made before the judgement. I realize that the Judgement fell extraordinarily fast, though.

Last edited:

Kalanyr has agreed in the chatroom, regardless of the decision, he will forfeit and I will give back 2 of the 3 yen I wouldof taken from him, giving me a net profit of 4 yen and Kalanyr a total of -1 yen.

Kalanyr

Explorer
Seeing as Master Judges seem rather rare today I will forfeit this match whatever the ruling. I want to advance as does Sollir no dount.

"Here is your 1 yen Sash as we agreed."

"Yes... well...", Ailbhe eyes the fighters suspiciously as they make a complicated money transaction, "I suppose we don't have all night."

She turns to Kalanyr and looks almost sad, "Oh champion of light, your fate is a lone and difficult one. You may have lost a step on a journey today, but I wish you better luck in the future."

Kalanyr is now Master of Light 2 with a 21-11 statistic.

As Ailbhe adresses the Sash, she smiles warily, "You had luck on your side in this fight, but you calculated the odds, and you grabbed the opportunity when it presented itself. You are true to your path. Your win today was impressive indeed, and you proved far more capable than first thought."

Kazz't is now Silver Sash 4 with a 5-1 record.

"As per your agreement Kazz't has gained a total of 4 ¥ as a result of this match while Kalanyr has lost a single ¥."

She bows to them both.

"Go in peace, my brothers"

Last edited:

MidKnight

First Post
Just a quick note here - chat room matches are great. They allow matches to be finished very quickly compared to normal.

BUT, if the chat is used, then you must give the players enough time to use their powers. Just to be fair - judges might want to confirm with the person that they are not going to use powers before posting - this removes the possibility of this happening again. If the player doesn't respond then they might have gotten the boot from their connection and should be allowed time to get back on.

If an inordinate amount of time passes then by all rights go ahead and post judgement (although if the player is gone then there isn't any real reason to do so because the match isn't going anywhere anyways.) Guess this is the biggest disadvantage to using the chat room to expedite matches - sometimes it's too fast.

Also, if you're going to be away for a stretch of time (even if it is just five minutes :) ), you might want to let the judge know so that they can give you time to get back.

Hopefully this won't happen again. :)

MidKnight
Master Judge

Wicht

Hero
Sorry I wasn't around when needed (been busy for a few days) but in general, a judge should allow a reasonable amount of time for a purity of focus to be used before making the call. a reasonable amount of time being something I would rather not codify as for one player it might be 12 hours and for another 12 minutes.

reiella

Explorer
Will just expand a little on this and give my quick opinion.

While posting after judgement has the bad effect of being a change after the fact, I don't see too much of a problem with it.

It does however, avoid the use of 'purity of focus' being a 'race to beat the judge'...

This is not so the case with Dirty Tricks, but does come in with Sneaky Tricks...

One thing to consider is possibly having the judge post and ask if opponent wants to use PoF if they have one before posting judgement. Just the polite bit, like how currently most judges don't post advancement in sash fights if they have a bribe judges left unless the sash gives it the nod-ahead.

Remove ads