• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Kani-Elp-Ya's Sake Bar (Because Fight Club doesn't seem complete without one)

Kalanyr

Explorer
A new building mysteriously appears in Iron City, its a well built sake bar with an overworked proprieter running around trying to keep up with his customers. Signs all over the place say "If you intend to fight take it outside" & "No we do not carry Sake Number 47, we have numbers 1-46 and 48-100 though"

Kani-Elp-Ya the proprieter is a small grizzled old man, who runs around at amazing speed balancing various drinks and orders on his arm with amazing dexterity and grace.

OOC-Mainly a place for people to meet and talk non-violently in character.

MidKnight

First Post
Happy Harry spots the new building and makes for the door.

"Hmmm... A mug of ale would be great but I guess that sake will do in a pinch."

He pushes through the door. Then, after allowing his eyes to adjust to the lighting, he strides across the room to a table set close to the back wall.

"My good sir! May I please have some sake? I believe that number 29 would do nicely. By the way, you wouldn't happen to have anything to eat here as well would you?"

Kalanyr

Explorer
Kani-Elp-Ya runs up with a cup of Sake 29

"Food-of-course-we-have-food.What-can-i-'elp-ya-with? Rice,Tofu, Meat,Fish something else?"

MidKnight

First Post
"Swedish Meatballs???" Harry asks, only half joking.

Harry down the sake and asks for another.

"This is a rather strange land you live in here. People running around beating each other half to death. Why can't they all just get along and be friendly?! Would it hurt them that much to just smile and go about their business?"

Harry sighs deeply and continues...

"I've run into some rather surly ones already... how about you? Is there anyone who you believe could use my council? Maybe even just a friendly face and a warm smile...."

Rathan

First Post
*Archangel opens the door and walks into the skae bar with Kerall.....we both sit at a table near a window...... and archangel signals for the owner/sake bartender........

"two severings of sake please.......hmmm??? number 62 sake sounds good to me....."

*archangel smiles...... as his turns back the kerall.......*

"so.... I notice you are still in good strenth and sprits Kerall.....what have you been up to lately?...... I'm so glad you still have my luck stone.....it means alot to me that you have held to close to your heart and it has kept you from straying from good.......I am proud of you young one........"

*archangel gets impatient and makes sure the bar tender doesn't take too long with te drinks.......*

Zappo

Explorer
"I've spent many days meditating over what happened to me. Eventually, I resumed fighting - this time, I am fighting for honor.

"I had heard of a wise oracle who had come to his land, named Uziel, who claimed he could see into the past and future of men. I was still so troubled and uncertain about my destiny, so I went to the Seven Pillars and asked him what kind of fate awaited me after death.

"The oracle performed his divinations, and was truly surprised. Uziel told me that, somehow, the threads of Fate holding me had broken, and that I am free to forge my own destiny. The oracle wanted to talk more with me, but I had matches to fight and thoughts to ponder.
"Eventually, after a short period of bad luck, I was able to dye my old white belt yellow. Then, I sought Uziel again, to learn more from him. I joined his dojo and studied hard. To honor the stars, representing destiny, I learnt the northstar style.

"My skills clearly aren't yet back to what they were... I lost many fights, but not the good humor. Because I know that whatever lies in my future, it cannot be as bad as what I've already survived! The only thing that makes me sad is that I've brought much disgrace to Uziel's dojo. And the oracle himself has vanished, and I don't know when or if he will return".
Then, the warrior stops to drink from his sake. "Mmm, I've got to come here more often".

Last edited:

Kalanyr

Explorer
Kani-Elp-Ya spends his time running around from table to table refilling the sake when its empty with a smile and a kind word.

Passing Happy Harry he says 'Perhaps Kerall over there his luck seems bad" as he drops of a plate of Swedish Meatballs.

Remove ads