• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Keep on the Shadowfell - What if I have more than 5 players?

Duckforceone

First Post
just duplicate one of the 5 pregens... the best one is usually the fighter, as a party can always benefit of more of those, and they tend not to seem the same even if they have the same powers.

malraux

First Post
Oldtimer said:
But the adventure is for levels 1-3. What if they level before the rules are out? I can't level the extra pre-gens, can I?

I might as well wait for the rules then.
But don't the rules come out like two weeks later? Are you really going to play enough in two weeks to have problems with leveling?

Oldtimer

Great Old One
Publisher
malraux said:
But don't the rules come out like two weeks later? Are you really going to play enough in two weeks to have problems with leveling?
I don't think it will take that many encounters to level up from 1 to 2. I was planning on playing that much.

And if I'm not, I might as well wait two weeks for the complete rules...

Herodotus

First Post
My understanding is that there will be versions of the pregens at levels 1, 2, and 3, so that you can play the whole adventure before June 6.

My hope is that additional characters (at least 3 more so that all races and classes will be represented) will be available as a Web Enhancement.

Kwalish Kid

Explorer
Honestly, I can't see the problem. By the time you need to get a new character to second level, there will be a host of PCs posted on this website and on others.

Oldtimer

Great Old One
Publisher
Kwalish Kid said:
Honestly, I can't see the problem. By the time you need to get a new character to second level, there will be a host of PCs posted on this website and on others.
Posted by whom? Remember that I'm talking about the time period between May 20 and June 6. The only people outside of WotC who have seen the rules will still be under NDA. Guesswork I can do myself.

Unless there are more than five characters available, I see no reason to buy it before June 6. And after...? Well, $30 would buy me a lot of adventure at Goodman, Necro or Paizo...

Lacyon

First Post
Oldtimer said:
Posted by whom? Remember that I'm talking about the time period between May 20 and June 6. The only people outside of WotC who have seen the rules will still be under NDA. Guesswork I can do myself.

Shortly after the adventure is released, it's pretty likely that someone one ENWorld will take what's there and use it to generate different playable characters from the material presented.

We've already got usable statistics for most or all of the races. You'll have 5 classes in the booklet ready to level up to 3rd.

Yes, you'll have to double up on some classes, but is that so bad that it flips the product from good to useless?

malraux

First Post
Oldtimer said:
Unless there are more than five characters available, I see no reason to buy it before June 6
Don't forget that only WotC can create 4e adventures up to GenCon, so 3rd party publishers won't be an option for a while. Also, as a GM, I'd like to get it at least a week before playing so I can actually read the thing.

The Little Raven

First Post
malraux said:
Don't forget that only WotC can create 4e adventures up to GenCon, so 3rd party publishers won't be an option for a while. Also, as a GM, I'd like to get it at least a week before playing so I can actually read the thing.

Technically, two weeks before GenCon, since the last announced Phase 1 start date was August 1st and GenCon starts on August 14th.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads