• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ken'ichi, Cat and Marius enter Wicht's Lair

Jeph

Explorer
OOC: I'd prefer Hits Defeated, myself. Could we do it that way? It's far superior, IMHO.

"Well, guess they weren't of much help. I'll be more careful about people in this place, from now on." A grim smile flashes across Tso-Nah's face. "Well, guess we'll give those goblins a shot, eh?"

Tso-Nah paces over to the gate. If Ken fails to open it, he'll try to find a way to climb over it, knock it down, or go about bypassing the portal in some other way.

Tisvon

First Post
OOC: I'd also like to use the hits defeated. In addition, once we're in the lair, it would be a good idea to have a "party leader", or someone who decides where we are going. Since Ciaran started this, I propose that Ken be the party leader.

Wicht

Hero
very well - give yourselfs 2/3's of a hit defeated.

The key works and the gate swings open. Beyond stands an idylic little cemetery.

Jeph

Explorer
"What a peaceful little place. I wonder, could it really be so evil?" Tso-Nah takes a few steps into the cemetary.

Sahiro Tso-Nah
Hits Defeated: 2/3 out of 5
Hits: 1 (1 natural)
Powers: None
Yen: None
Possessions: Crystal Sword (+1 to Sword, Diamond, Silver, and Ruby moves)

Ciaran

First Post
Ken steps through the gate. Once inside the cemetery, he leads the others down the path, alert for any side paths, structures, openings, or other things of interest.

“It seems a desolate place,” he replies to Tso-Nah's comment. “Without caretakers, without offerings for the dead. It is no wonder that they rise up against the living here.”

Last edited:

Wicht

Hero
As the three step over the threshhold of the gate the scene changes. The ground before them suddenly seems to stretch out and darken. The very air seems to thicken.

The path now stretches out between two grassy hills, the sides of which are covered with tombstones. To the right, atop the hill is what appears to be a circular building surrounded with pillars. A small path leads off of the main path up to it.

To the left is a steep hill, over the top of which may be seen the tops of two tombs.

Ahead the path goes fairly straight north, turning just slightly to the right a bit further along.

Jeph

Explorer
"My mistake. Turns out this place isn't that congenial, after all." Tso-Nah whips out his blades, and glances around alertly. "Which path leads to those goblins you spoke of, Ken?"

Ciaran

First Post
Ken shrugs. "I have no idea. The ancient masters mentioned a cavern entrance, but didn't say where that might be. I'd say we should check each of these paths and see whether any of them lead to a hole in the ground. Some of these tombs are probably pretty dangerous, especially the one that has Wicht in it, and I'd rather get hold of some good weapons before we meet with the old bastard himself."

Ken takes the path to the right to get a better look at the circular building with its ring of pillars, and to see what lies on the other side of the hill.

Wicht

Hero
As Ken draws nearer the top of the hill he sees that the building is actually an open air structure, a roof supported by a ring of marble pillars. However there does seem to be something in the middle of it.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads