Kenneth Hite shot and wounded, but he's OK.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
For the slow and dim-witted: Who is Kenneth Hite?
A long-time GURPS writer and the creator of Night's Black Agents. His work on GURPS Horror, along with a complimentary work from Palladium Iron Crown Enterprises, I think, called Nightmares of Mine, helped break down how to effectively run horror in RPGs, which has been incredibly influential. If you run anything horrific, you owe it to yourself to track down Nightmares of Mine or GURPS Horror and just read his GMing advice.

He's also well-known for a series he wrote in Pyramid magazine (the Steve Jackson Games mag) where he would mash up crazy conspiratorial ideas together and then explain how they were gameable. There are two collections of the articles (and many more uncollected) called Suppressed Transmissions, which I cannot recommend highly enough to anyone running fantastic adventures set in the real world, especially in the 19th or 20th centuries.

Outside of D&D circles, he's pretty much an A-list RPG creator celebrity, and rightly so.

Last edited:

That is crazy. I am glad he is ok. Sounds like that could easily have been more life threatening if the bullet hit a slightly different part of the leg. Hope they catch the guys who did it

Remove ads