Kenneth Hite shot and wounded, but he's OK.

For the slow and dim-witted: Who is Kenneth Hite?

Others have posted but just so you can have a sense of his significance, this is from his wikipedia entry:

.... Hite has contributed extensively to the GUMSHOE System, as author of Trail of Cthulhu, and the supplements Shadows Over Filmland, Rough Magicks, Bookhounds of London, and Mythos Expeditions; also the RPG Night's Black Agents and its major campaign The Dracula Dossier.

Previously, Hite wrote or contributed to several GURPS supplements, including:
  • GURPS Alternate Earths,
  • GURPS Alternate Earths II,
  • GURPS Cabal,
  • GURPS Horror (Third Edition incorporating Nightmares of Mine material in 2002, also Fourth Edition in 2011),
  • GURPS Infinite Worlds (Winner of the 2005 Origins Award for Role-Playing Game Supplement of the Year[12]),
  • GURPS WWII: Weird War II,
  • and GURPS Y2K.
In addition, he worked on the Decipher/Last Unicorn Star Trek RPGs
He has also contributed to the Nephilim games
as well as to supplements for other role-playing games like:

Books by Hite:

• The Complete Idiot's Guide to U.S. History, Graphic Illustrated (with Sheperd Hendrix) (2009)
  • The Antarctic Express (with Christina Rodriguez) (2009)
  • Cthulhu 101 (with John Kovalic) (2009)
  • Where the Deep Ones Are (with Andy Hopp) (2008)
  • Cliffourd the Big Red God (with Andy Hopp) (2011)
  • Tour de Lovecraft: The Tales (2008)
  • The Nazi Occult (with Darren Tan) (2013)
  • The Cthulhu Wars: The United States' Battles Against the Mythos (with Kennon Bauman) (2016)

He also has the Tour De Lovecraft books which I really enjoyed. He has a podcast with Robin Laws as well that is very good.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Ah. While I have sold many of his games in my 29 years as a retailer, his name did not stick in my head. Robin Laws I know. I'm not much of a podcast guy, but I might want to check that out.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Sometimes, when in a bereavement thrad or a sympathy thread, just Google it, eh? There's a time and place.

It wasn't just for me that I asked (though the self-deprecation was intended), but I asked also for anyone else who reads the thread who doesn't know the name off the top of their heads. In addition, I thought that it would be more interesting to find out what the EN community thought about the fellow at the same time as finding out who he is. As he sounds like he's fine, while I certainly sympathize for his ordeal, I didn't think that this thread qualified as a bereavement thread. I'll have to defer to your judgement on that one.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases