Kenzer and Company Product Update 3/15/02

Dristram

First Post
JohnRTroy said:
I did not like the fact that the city doesn't seem to have a "slum" area, which seems unrealistic,

I consider Loona to be Geanavue's slum area. They've worked hard to keep the slum aspect outside the city. Because the city is built away from the port, it was easier to control the slum aspect. If they had built Geanavue attached to Loona, there would be no way to do this.

It seemed plausable to me :)

And I think it's great news to hear that a Loona suppliment will be made!! :D

Kaptain_Kantrip

First Post
Dristram said:

I consider Loona to be Geanavue's slum area.

That was the conclusion I came to, as well.

What I found ridiculous was the "free public toilet" on every corner, complete with alarms and guards. That hasn't even happened in the 21st century, so I doubt that it would be done in a medieval fantasy world. And no, the toilets aren't magic. Construction, equipment and salaries would be a huge expense on the city's part each year, one I doubt would be approved (or even thought of) in the first place.

Also, it's common fact that in medieval times, everyone tossed their garbage/chamber pot contents out the window into the street below, hopefully to run into the sewer. But Ed does not have the citizens doing this and goes to great lengths to specify they do not...

Seems awfully strange, to me not to be walking down a cobblestone street and have to dodge a bucket of turds tossed out the window by some toothless old hag screaming, "Gardy Loo!" (this is how it was done in medieval Edinborough, anyway).

Last edited:

Noah Kolman

First Post
This September

Hey,

Loona is currently scheduled for this September, as Ed already has much of the material written, but that is subject to change. Anything that far in the future is also subject to other products moving, so September is a very tentative date. As we get closer, I'll be able to get you a more concrete answer.

Enforcer

Explorer
don't mind me...

Noah Kolman: You didn't go to Highland Park High School, did you? I knew a Noah Kolman, your profile says Chicago (Highland Park is a suburb), and it's not exactly a common name...

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases