Kickstarter [Kickstarter] Arcane Synthesis: A Blended-Genre Anthology (Cosmothea RPG)

NexusX

First Post
Arcane Synthesis: A Blended-Genre Anthology
Seven **now Eight** tales blending magic, mystery, advanced technology, superheroes and horror, set within the vast, Blended-Genre RPG Cosmoverse.

Our fiction anthology Kickstarter is off and running! We've got 2 fabulous blended-genre books in the works: Arcane Synthesis and our Divine Synthesis Stretch Goal. Between these two books, we've assembled a great team including Steven Schend, Ed Greenwood, Darrin Drader and other talented authors.

Both books are set in the vast, Cosmoverse Campaign Setting, created for the Cosmothea Blended-Genre RPG.

We put together some really great rewards and have some exciting stories lined up. Please check it out, and if you like what you see, spread the word!

If nothing else, please be sure to watch the SECOND VIDEO to see some amazing art by Jason Rainville, Simon Buckroyd, Mike Antrim, Annemie Thijs, Adam Schmidt and myself, and find out more about the Cosmoverse!

Thanks a bunch!
Bob Whitely
QT Games LLC

Last edited:

NexusX

First Post
What is the Cosmoverse?

QT-Games-God-Ship.jpg
The cosmoverse is a dying universe, crippled by the exploitations of active, imperfect gods and god-like AI. It’s a universe scarred by magical and technological blunders, rogue superhero "augments" and horrors from the far reaches of space and beyond.

The GodStorm took nearly everyone by surprise and swept away entire dimensions. The surviving gods are scrambling to find their place in a collapsing universe. Most mortals are preoccupied with their own troubles and are largely ignorant of the greater threats, yet even they sense the coming darkness.

Several divine wars and key cataclysmic events have left Cosmothea unstable. It seems there’s nothing anyone can do to prevent its demise. Over the eons, those responsible for many of the trials Cosmothea faces left behind artifacts, clues, experiments and caches of highly advanced technology.

Cosmothea is about high adventure and mystery; it’s about epic, blended-genre stories full of exploration and conspiracies.

The Cosmothea Blended-Genre Roleplaying Game was designed to handle everything this big setting can throw at it. We're currently revamping the game (we're on our 5th major overhaul) and are hoping to do a Kickstarter for it too in the days ahead. We figured we'd start off by helping people get a better idea of just what the Cosmoverse is, so we've been making some videos and have several anthologies planned and in the works as we continue developing this latest version of the RPG and expand the setting even more.

All of the art we've been showing off for the game was designed specifically for Cosmothea. We are committed to bringing you products done right, with high production values. Since we're not rich and have invested quite a bit of money into this labor of love, we've turned to Kickstarter.

Be sure to check out our anthology Kickstarter. Thanks!!!

Last edited:

NexusX

First Post
Update!

Hi all,

I originally posted we are doing 7 stories in Arcane Synthesis, but I have exciting news. We've brought on board Ed Greenwood to write a second story (one for each anthology) and so we've added an 8th story to our original lineup for Arcane Synthesis (http://kck.st/1a3F2GC). Don't miss this exciting anthology of blended-genre goodness!

NexusX

First Post
Hi all,

Well, we've got 8 days left for 8 stories - our Arcane Synthesis Kickstarter has almost come to an end! I'd like to think it's just the beginning, however, as we really are just getting warmed up. We've had a lot of relatives across the whole team and some close friends, but it's time to get more fiction fans involved! Won't you consider standing with us? I'm sure we can reach our goal over the next 8 days. Please consider a buck and/or spreading the word to help this lifelong dream become a reality! (And get some wonderful rewards to boot!)

See, this is only the start. We are doing this campaign both because we have a love for blended-genre fiction, but also to spread the word about my Cosmoverse Campaign Setting, an RPG setting I've been working on, along with an RPG and writing stories for nearly 35 years now. I've never had the money to publish before. We're sitting at just over $5,000, but I know we can get the rest of the distance.

Bob Whitely
QT Games LLC
P.s. Need encouragement? Read my Update #4. Nothing is impossible! We cannot fail if we do not give up. Stand with me, friends! Thanks in advance!

Remove ads