Kickstarter Kickstarter Funding Goals Reached and Exceeded!

Troll Lord

First Post
Castles & Crusades is celebrating its 10th year in print. By a twist of fate our three central books, the Three Sisters as we like to call them, the Players Handbook, Monsters & Treasure and the Castle Keepers Guide have all sold out. We have to get them back into print and do it now. To do this, we need your help.

Funding Goal: If we hit our funding goal of 15k, we'll print the Players Handbook in full color and the Monsters & Treasure and the Castle Keepers Guide in black and white. We've cleaned the text up a little (not much necessary after 10 years), clarified some spells, but we've altered the format to make it more user friendly. The font is larger and layout more open, bringing the book to 192 total pages. We did all this without increasing the price.

To help us maintain and improve one of the industry's most stable, long running RPGs, follow the link below!

Castles & Crusades Kickstarter

But what we really want to do with this Kickstarter, is print all Three Sisters in full color. We are way past the time that the MT and CKG should be in color. To do that we are going to have to unlock some major stretch Rewards and will need all the help you can offer.

Last edited:

Troll Lord

First Post
With the new printing will come a new set of screens. We are long overdue. We've started a discussion over on the comments section of the Kickstarter, asking the question:

What would you like to see on the screens. Hop on over, we'd love to hear from you.

Comments

Steve

Troll Lord

First Post
We've hit the funding goals and then some on the C&C Kickstarter. Passing the 15k mark and on to the 25k mark. This basically means both the Players Handbook and the Monsters & Treasure will be reprinted in full color. We've also added a few adventures, some dice and more to the Kickstarter backers.

We are now pushing on to the Arms and Armor stretch goal! If we reach our stretch goals we'll include the greatly expanded Arms and Armor book as well as multi-book index for Castles & Crusades.

Join the fray and if you already have or don't wish to this time around, we'd appreciate it if you would spread the word!

Here's a peak at the new cover for the Players Handbook.

PHB6th_Cover9.jpg

Steve

GMMichael

Guide of Modos
If anyone's wondering what the heck C&C is, this link will explain most of it.

The Kickstarter page and the home page make it sound like an OSR, but as someone who hasn't played AD&D 2e for, say, over 20 years, that explanation still doesn't shed much light on the game.

Any gritty details you'd like to share?

Warunsun

First Post
Any gritty details you'd like to share?
It is a rules-light version of D&D but the system is easily handled in a modular fashion. For example, the Player's Handbook covers everything you need to know as a player and is presented as a very basic full game. Expanded rules modules are available in the Castle Keeper's Guide. Using the CKG you can add-in rules for skills, advantages (feats), spell components, comeliness (called beauty here), epic-levels, new races, equipment wastage, advanced combat options, and much more. The entire CKG is an optional book and not required to check out or play the game. The only other book a game master needs other than the Player's Handbook is the Monsters & Treasure book. The M&T is effectively the Monster Manual and DMG together.

I have been playing this game for several months and all the players are loving it. It is very easy to use TSR 1e/2e adventures and books together with C&C. You can convert the AC of 1e/2e in your head on the fly and attack bonuses for C&C is a very simple system: monsters get +1 to hit per HD. It has been great fun.

GMMichael

Guide of Modos
It is a rules-light version of D&D but the system is easily handled in a modular fashion.

I have been playing this game for several months and all the players are loving it. It is very easy to use TSR 1e/2e adventures and books together with C&C. You can convert the AC of 1e/2e in your head on the fly and attack bonuses for C&C is a very simple system: monsters get +1 to hit per HD. It has been great fun.

So...modular, simpler than OGD&D, and great artwork?

Sounds great! Good luck with the Kickstarter! :cool:

Okay okay, one more question. Does it have the cool blue-and-white maps from the early days? A hex-grid here and there? These might not have been for the players, but would boost CK nostalgia.

Troll Lord

First Post
DMMike,

Man those maps jolt me back to the early days! Heck, its probably why I love that shade of blue so very much. Peter Bradley (our main artists and layout guy) is always on me about making things blue..."can't we get some more blue in there"...I never thought about it, but I'll be that those maps are why I love that color!

But sadly, no. We don't color the maps. Most are black or shades of gray.

We've knocked a few more stretch goals out of the park so a kindly thank you to all those who are backing it and even to those just taking an interest. It is much appreciated.

Here's a small video that explains the way the game runs. An interview I gave at Gencon.

[video=youtube;gX6FerXTBB0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gX6FerXTBB0&list=PLjoh0VVquJ5ZA5Po26WRebRM2Vgjhs4vW[/video]

Thanks!
Steve

Troll Lord

First Post
We've established the next round of stretch goals.

If the KS hits 40K, we'll be printing the CKG in full color!

We are almost there

In the short term we are storming the dungeons to the Arms and Armor Resource Guide. Just 2000 and some change and we are over the top!

Castles & Crusades Kickstarter

Steve

Troll Lord

First Post
Arms and Armor has been unlocked as has Epic Level Play. The backers have unearthed a secret room and are only a few hundred away from plundering its contents.

Check out all the action and Join the Fray!

Steve

Remove ads