Kickstarter pre-launch followers and final totals

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I think a lot of it might have to do with how long you've been advertising before launch. For example, I just wrapped up Chromatic Dungeons, only advertised about 2 weeks prior to launch with 90ish followers, and ended up with 335. so that's gonna make good data analysis hard unless you know how long each has been advertising before the launch date.
I kinda began with the assumption that your number of pre-launch followers is likely to be related to the amount of marketing you do before launch. My goal was to see if prelaunch follower counts was actually a reasonable measure of overall results.

darjr

I crit!
E48E5BA1-34DA-430D-823B-D569722A3B1D.jpeg

thirdkingdom

Hero
Publisher
I think a lot of it might have to do with how long you've been advertising before launch. For example, I just wrapped up Chromatic Dungeons, only advertised about 2 weeks prior to launch with 90ish followers, and ended up with 335. so that's gonna make good data analysis hard unless you know how long each has been advertising before the launch date.

I also don't know exactly how followers are tracked. Is it the total number of people who followed from the beginning? Does it include folks who follow it at one point but then unfollow? When you back, do you automatically become a follower?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I also don't know exactly how followers are tracked. Is it the total number of people who followed from the beginning? Does it include folks who follow it at one point but then unfollow? When you back, do you automatically become a follower?
I’m specifically talking about pre-launch followers. The people who clicked the “Notify me on launch button”.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases