• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Kids Colouring Book, Celebrity Edition wins an Indie RPG Award!

Dextra

Social Justice Wizard
Best use of the d20 License.
Gosh, I wish the kids were still up! What a great little surprise to wake up to in the morning!
So we'll keep it on sale for $5 for a little bit longer, then.

HellHound

ENnies winner and NOT Scrappy Doo
Wow.

I am SOOOOooo proud of the girls!

You can download a sample spread from the Colouring book to see what all the hooplah is about! Just Click Here!

This is the second award won by Genevieve and Chrystine Robinson, who are quite probably the youngest award-winning d20 writers and illustrators. Last year they contributed material to the ENnie award-winning Portable Hole Full of Beer (this product contains no alcohol).

The Kid's Colouring Book o Critters

WooT!

Last edited:

HellHound said:
Wow.

I am SOOOOooo proud of the girls!

The Kid's Colouring Book o Critter

This is the second award won by Genevieve and Chrystine Robinson, who are quite probably the youngest award-winning d20 writers and illustrators. Last year they contributed material to the ENnie award-winning Portable Hole Full of Beer (this product contains no alcohol).

WooT!

It's moments like this when you wish you could put

:D 's in size=10!

Congratulations on your yung'ens kicking butt.

joe b.

Krug

Newshound
Hmm I think you should rename it. It sounds like a kids book, which it isn't.
Hopefully the kids can get their pony after all. :)

Ghostwind

First Post
As I said last night at the awards, congratulations to both of the girls and to the proud parents who encourage and foster such a creative environment. They deserve great big dishes of ice cream smothered in hot fudge. Well done!! :D

Andy Kitkowski

First Post
No, dude, thank YOU!

Hey all- Andy here. You can see the final results online here:

http://www.rpg-awards.com/rpga/2002awards/
Specifically, here:
http://www.rpg-awards.com/rpga/2002awards/d20use.shtml

I really want to thank M. Jason, Philip Reed, and the other designers (Steve, Scott, and all) who submitted their games to my dubious, just-started little award! M. Jason in particular: When I bumped into him here a couple months ago, he seemed skeptical of the whole thing (at the time I was running the awards a little... differently... as well :) ), but he submitted two of his games and, while he won, it looks like he had a lot of fun with it as well! Congrats to the lil'uns!

Hopefully this will bring more d20 and non-d20 designers together to examine each others' efforts. There's a lot of notes to compare, and a lot of great game ideas out there just waiting to be put in print.

Well, I'm both happy and sad to say that Mr. Parent will no longer be participating in our awards. But it's for the BEST reason imaginable (other than, say, winning the lottery): As most of you here probably already know, he's founded his own gaming company (thus taking him out of the "independently produced" ring... but lining him up with the heavyweights at ORIGINS!), and with an ambitious 20+ (right?) products scheduled for release in the next 9 months... All I can say is "Hot Damn!" His efforts are Proven. He has made both d20 naysayers and PDF publishing naysayers alike sit up and bark like obedient dogs.

Good luck with that, man. I'm keeping an eye on your release schedule, and I'm sure the rest of us are, too.

M. Jason Parent: "The 'M' is for 'Quality!'" :)

-Andy

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads