Kingmaker Adventure Path

SteveC

Doing the best imitation of myself
I had heard this issue with the Fey in the original AP and I know they fixed that in the computer game. That issue shows up in the first of second chapter (I honestly don't remember which one it is) so it was pretty clear that they were involved. Not exactly what was going on, that comes much later.

Very well actually, despite being 14th level and playing a long time and really liking their characters. Still remains nearly everyone's favourite PF AP.
In Ironfang Invasion it turned out Nyrissa was one of the PCs mums, and that party got to see the snowglobe collection. That also was a very very good AP we completed

Remus Lupin

Adventurer
I'll say this for the video game -- it does lay the bread crumbs along the trail right from the beginning of the game. It would have been great if the modules had done a better job of doing likewise.

Starfox

Hero
Paizo did dig up my order information for the Kingmaker crowdfund project and sent me the PDFs. The books are lost in limbo in Hamburg, but I don't mind that so much now that I have the PDFs. My bookshelves are overfull as it is.
PF often has the " ha ha, it was I all along" villain.
The party often answer " Er, who??".

Very common in PFS
Yeah, this is very common, and I can see why - introducing the main villain early easily leads to a dead villain - or dead PCs. Paizo and other publishers must write for a generic group of players they don't know, so I see why they do it this way. As a DM we know our players better and can adjust to that. And a computer game can of course use railroading very effectively.

Anyway, I now have a massive amount of reading to do. My old Kingmaker campaign went on hiatus for Covid, so both I and my players have a lot of catching up to do - if we even agree to continue. * Holds thumbs

Remove ads