• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Knight Hospitaler of Adenan Stronghand

Memnus

First Post
I've been working with a player that wants to use the Hospitaler prestige class out of Complete Divine. I thought we could adapt it as a special order under Adenan Stronghand - based out of Solinburg, if Northman does indeed wish to place the headquarters there. However, the question is: the prestige class as written has Mounted Combat and Ride-By Attack as feat prereqs. Does Adenad Stronghand favor ridden combat that much? If not, perhaps the prerqs could be changed to Weapon Focus - Longsword, and Iron Will, or perhaps Endurance.

Thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:

DMEntropy

First Post
The Hospitalers were an order of knights found in Europe. If these are accepted into T13K I suggest a name change to avoid any inferences or confusion between our prestige class and the actual Knights Hospitaler.

Northman

First Post
I wrote a ten page paper on the Knights Hospitalers in college. Right down my alley. :)

That would be absolutely fine. And I'm thinking that putting the center of the Adenan church in Solinberg should work. I just need to read up on the city again. I would imagine the influence of the church there, and so many powerful lawful good clerics and paladins would make an impact... But you don't need to change the description or anything.

Knight Hospitalers on horseback, sure. No prob. Changing the name is probably a good thing.

By the way, the order was created the in the Holy Land during the crusades, as they made one of the first hospitals to help wounded crusaders. Soon after their order chose the task of protecting pilgrims on their way to the holy land, and that was their main gig. They also liked to go kick medieval butt. They became the biggest bankers in Europe. Kings owed them tons of money. That's how they came to a brutal end. The King of France decided he didn't need to pay his debts, and didn't mind getting some blood on his hands...

Long story. :)

Emiricol

Sure, works for me. And I think horse-mounted is fine. Adenan gets some paladins, after all :) All that needs to be done, then, is a writeup to replace the flavor text in the book, then post in Round Table Rules. The post would have the flavor text, and a line saying something like "this PrC is in all ways identical to the Knights Hospitalar listed in the Complete Divine book by WotC."

Oh, and an update to the Solinburg city threat in the AREA forums :)

Memnus

First Post
Keepers of the Vigil of Adenan Stronghand posted. Northman, I'll leave the details of the high temple up to you.

Northman

First Post
Looks awesome. I finally found it. :)

My only concern is the second paragraph about some of them getting a vision from Adenan and working outside the church. Adenan is a very loyal and organized god. This is why paladins must serve a church or order. Adenan's church is very hierarchal and organized with a strict class system. It's all about accountability....

I like the loner mentality. It fits a nitch of the church. Thinking that they can take on evil with only their sword and their god on their side, out on the highways... Very cool. But I believe to stay in the spirit of the Church of Adenan the Keeper should be "knighted" into the order (after passing whatever interview and requirements are needed) and then sent out. His mission being to stop evil whereever he finds it and need not report back, or not for a long while...

Adenan wants lots of structure in his Church and orders, so I think there still needs to be an official stamp of approval on each Keeper.

But I do like the write up. :)

Remove ads