• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Knightmares of Khorvaire

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
The day breaks on the lonely waystation, sunlight dropping down upon the small two-story building. Outside at the stables, the sounds of the party's horses break the silence of the dawn. The hard rain from the evening before has finally stopped, and as the rays of morning begin to illuminate the damp grass, a thin haze of evaporating fog rises from the ground. All around, the sounds of chirping birds runs counter to the neighs and whinneys of the horses in the stable. About 100 feet away in the line of the trees near the stables, sits the small lone marker to signify the gravesite of former Royal Swords guardsman Aaron Lleir.

One-by-one, the party members and Royal Swordsman Donoval Johns wake up and begin preparation for their jounrey northwards to Vedykar. A meeting with an Orien contact at the Inn of the Golden Embers, plus the possibility of finding the escaped half-orc Blood of Vol priest and convict Horik Laan, lies ahead of them. The Knightmares of Khorvaire come together once more to continue on their quest...

Lynx: the shifter wizard
Zook: the changeling rogue
Lyran: the half-elf cleric of the Silver Flame
Kolarred: the human paladin of the Sovereign Host
Tyler: the human dragonmarked warrior of House Orien
Korthus: the dwarf runemage

Many adventures await, and many more friends to be found.

Last edited:

Zweischneid

First Post
Stuffing his dog-eared spellbook unlovingly back into his travelbags, the feline Shifter stretches and yawns extensively (showing long & sharp canines), only coming fully awake after some extensive arcane preparations and even more extensive grooming.

With a hungry look, that somehow exactly mirrors the famished look of his cat Cariosa, he glances around the room and his busy companions, wondering if someone already had the thought to prepare a breakfast.

'What ever happend to the operators of this waystation?'
the Wizard wonders with a frown.

'If not an Innkeeper, there should be at least some watchman here. Or am I mistaken?'

Shouldering his bags and buttoning up his once-again-dry travel cloak with a finely crafted pin displaying the emblem of the Morgrave University of far away Sharn, Lynx stalks off towards the yet unexplored parts of this building.

Spells for this sunny day:
Level 0: daze, detect magic, detect magic, light, mage hand
Level 1: charm person, mage armor, magic missle, protection from evil
Level 2: cat's grace, daze monster, touch of idiocy

Last edited:

ShaggySpellsword

First Post
Lyren rises before the sun to keep last watch, and as the sunrise approaches, he goes outside to pray to the Silver Flame for help with today's trials. After an hour spent in prayer and meditation, Lyren goes back inside and searches for a kitchen area where food might be kept to break his fast, being careful not to wake any of the others.

OOC: Spells for today: 0- detect magic, detect magic, light, purify food and drink, read magic; 1- bless, magic weapon, sanctuary* (DC 15), shield of faith, detect undead; 2- magic circle against evil* , bear’s endurance, bull’s strength, lesser restoration.

Zweischneid

First Post
'What in the Dark S..'
Suddenly keenly aware of the pious man in the common room with him, Lynx bites down on the surprised curse as he crouches down besides the still sleeping Zook.

'Everyone working already for hours and that scoundrel is still asleep!'
the Shifter whispers as he leans closer while Cariosa is already on the prowl, sneaking up to the changlings peaceful face.

'Only one way to teach a lazy apprentice the value of early mornings? right?'
Lynx slyly questions his purring familiar in a voice imitating their Morgrave Mentor.
Without further delay, Lynx upends a good-sized, cold splash from his waterskin over the unsuspecting changeling.

Tor L'Tha

First Post
Zook

When Zook open his eyes the first thing he sees is the face of the Shifter and the Big Cat Cariosa.
What the f***!!! does Zook shout out... had he been a better rouge he sure had reacted with lightning reflexes, made a jump and stab the half animal with his dagger.

“Oh... I'm sorry Lynx... it's you... no ofence but I'm still not used to your presence or the water.” “You know in one of my latest mission, i tracked down a Shifter, this guy was as bad as ugly.... Oh. Sorry again... it's to early do make good or more likely intelligent conversation...” “excuse me, I'm going to wash myself, and see to the horses.”
The changeling lyes one hand on the shoulder to Lynx on his way out “I sure like you, always with that book, and pen, with good skills, and fine temperament for a Shifter to be...” *blush* “amazing, i did it again” He turns around looking where the others where “Good day everybody” says Zook loud enough so all can hear him. He goes outside and washes himself while hearing the birds in the trees and breathing the humidity in the fresh air.Wonderful morning. He goes to his backpack and takes out some dried fruit and two eggs. Nice they aren't broken. He eats in silence, and shifts his socks “I'm going for the horses, I can take them here.”

He sales all the horses and takes them to the entrance of the waystation one by one. On his way he finds Lyren in prayer and meditation. on the right side of the way and Kolarred making a odd dance, or practice on the leftI will fix Lyren horse first, so he dont need to use time on that, this morning, then Lynx, Tyler,and Kolarred
Zook sees Tyler making his backpack and eating something. He looks so odd, like a Zombie.....
“Lynx, when we are all ready would you take the lead with me?” asks the changeling, "would be nice"

Last edited:

DarkMaster

First Post
The holy warrior wake up early and spend an hour practicing combat outdoor, he spend the last 15 minutes kneeled his sword in front of him and pray the gods to give him enough strength to accomplish whatever will be required from him.

OOC I assume that ritual combat practice is part of the prayer: spell for today: Divine favor.

He then heads inside and starts helping his old enemy with the breakfast.

"Lyren, need a hand with that? While I don't question your talent on the battlefield, I am a bit suspicious about your ability in the kitchen" Kolarred says it in a very friendly manner.

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
As Lyran and Kolarred continue to prepare breakfast, and Zook works on the five horses to get them ready for their early morning ride, Lynx decides to clean up and organize as much of the waystation as possible. With his realization that someone should have been here to watch over things, he decides to make things as presentable as possible in case someone comes back.

After about half and hour and the rest of the group having eaten the quick but nourishing breakfast the two holy men prepared, Tyler Du'Orien finally returns down from upstairs. Having taken the middle watch (and thus had the least restful sleep of the group), the party allowed him to get a small extra bit of shut-eye. He takes his portion of the food that was prepared and speaks to everyone.

'If I may make a suggestion... I would like to push the horses harder than normal in order to get to Vedykar as quickly as possible. I know our contact was probably expecting us last night, and I do not want to make her concerned. If we push ahead, we can probably get into town by 2 o'clock, rather than 4 or 5 that we'd normally expect. I spoke to Officer Johns this morning and he would also like to get to Vedykar as quickly as possible as well. I have volunteered to take him on my horse.'

Having said that, the Knightmares hear the footsteps of said officer, who comes downstairs dressed fully in his armor and ready for the day. He carries with him a large backpack that presumably holds the equipment of Aaron Lleir.

'Good morning gentlemen. I hope you all slept well. Are we ready to go? I'd like to return to the city as fast as possible, Kaius be praised.'

Tyler nods, and starts walking outside to Zook, with Donoval Johns following along behind.

ShaggySpellsword

First Post
"Just give me a few minutes to get my things together and I will be more than pleased to get going. Could someone help me with my armor? Kolarred?"

Lyren starts packing his things and sorting through his pieces of armor and putting on those that he can easily strap on without help, waiting for help with the rest.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads