Level Up (A5E) Kobolds Rogues

Heraldofi

Explorer
I just wanted to check that my reading of Kobolds from Adventures in Zeitgeist is correct. The combination of this trait and gift, along with their small size means you qualify for melee sneak attacks against anything that isn't small or smaller, right?

Kobold Nimbleness. You can move through the space of any creature that is of a size larger than yours.
Close Quarters. You have advantage on melee attacks made against a creature whose space you are in. Also, your sensitive whiskers grant you blindsight with a range of 5 feet.

Obviously you have the standard downsides of being a rogue in melee, and there is some issue with movement (though you do get the full 30ft despite your size) as you need to move in to your opponent's space and then back out, but it does seem like a Kobold Burglar Rogue is going to be really consistently stabby. Not a huge change if you were used to fighting alongside another frontliner, but it does make the rogue better against spread out targets.

I just wanted to check that my reading of Kobolds from Adventures in Zeitgeist is correct. The combination of this trait and gift, along with their small size means you qualify for melee sneak attacks against anything that isn't small or smaller, right?

Obviously you have the standard downsides of being a rogue in melee, and there is some issue with movement (though you do get the full 30ft despite your size) as you need to move in to your opponent's space and then back out, but it does seem like a Kobold Burglar Rogue is going to be really consistently stabby. Not a huge change if you were used to fighting alongside another frontliner, but it does make the rogue better against spread out targets.
You're reading it correctly. If the opponent doesn't do anything to stop the movement then yeah, Sneak Attacks to the groin.

Remove ads