• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

KotB... The Caves of the Unknown

rogueattorney

Adventurer
Yeah, "Cave of the Unkown" seems to be a riff on Zelligar's epithet and the title of B1. So it seems likely that it was meant to be a subtle hint to insert B1 there. Like others in the thread have mentioned, I don't think the geography quite works. My B1 is some miles north of the Keep.

My Cave of the Unknown is a 3 level dungeon with a group of evil clerics rivalling those in the Caves of Chaos on the first level. The second level is a group of undead, with the third level being filled with wererats and thouls. There are connections with both the Caves of Chaos and a 7 layer dungeon underneath the Keep itself (which in turn connects with the Underground Empire of the Troglodytes).

Last edited:

DestroyYouAlot

First Post
The HackMaster version of B2 places Quasqueton on the region map, FYI. The HM B1 also contains references to B2 (the "Mines of Chaos", which is the Aldrazar version of the Caves of Chaos) and the "Caves of Pandemonium" - whether this is supposed to be another reference to B1 that didn't get edited correctly is subject to some debate.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads